Have I mentioned lately that I love my slow cooker? (I'm sure that I have, but it's been at least a week maybe since I shared that?) There's just something about having dinner started in the morning that alleviates a little stress at our house all day long. I actually timed myself as I made this one, and it took a whopping two minutes and thirty-two seconds to throw the ingredients in Mrs. Potts, plus an extra two minutes to clean up. (Seriously, that makes it worth trying alone!) Since I had all the ingredients in our kitchen it was also incredibly inexpensive to throw together. . . and, best of all my kids loved it… seriously loved it! WOOHOO!
Here's how to make your life easier by letting your Mrs. Potts do all the work too. . .
Slow Cooked Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts Perdue Boneless Chicken Breast, 2.99/lb at Publix or get 40 oz. frozen at Winn-Dixie for $5.50
- 2 tablespoons real bacon pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix $1 off Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Dressing or Dip Mix, exp. 1/15/12 (Share Something Delicious)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (the lighter version is fine!) $1/5 Campbell's Condensed “Great For Cooking” Soup printable, $0.40/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soups, exp. 12/15/11 (SS 10/09/11 R), $1/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soups, exp. 1/15/12 (Share Something Delicious), $0.30/4, $0.25/4, $0.40/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soup, exp. 11/30/11 (SS 09/18/11 R)
- 1 cup sour cream $1/2 Breakstone’s Sour Cream printable
- Put chicken in crock pot (mine was even half frozen. . . )
- Combine bacon pieces, garlic, dressing mix, soup & sour cream in small bowl, pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, covered.
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice.
Recipe adapted from Get Crocked. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 6250+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.