FREE HOME PLANNING
Have I mentioned lately that I love my slow cooker? (I'm sure that I have, but it's been at least a week maybe since I shared that?) There's just something about having dinner started in the morning that alleviates a little stress at our house all day long. I actually timed myself as I made this one, and it took a whopping two minutes and thirty-two seconds to throw the ingredients in Mrs. Potts, plus an extra two minutes to clean up. (Seriously, that makes it worth trying alone!) Since I had all the ingredients in our kitchen it was also incredibly inexpensive to throw together. . . and, best of all my kids loved it… seriously loved it! WOOHOO!
Here's how to make your life easier by letting your Mrs. Potts do all the work too. . .
Slow Cooked Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts Perdue Boneless Chicken Breast, 2.99/lb at Publix or get 40 oz. frozen at Winn-Dixie for $5.50
- 2 tablespoons real bacon pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix $1 off Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Dressing or Dip Mix, exp. 1/15/12 (Share Something Delicious)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (the lighter version is fine!) $1/5 Campbell's Condensed “Great For Cooking” Soup printable, $0.40/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soups, exp. 12/15/11 (SS 10/09/11 R), $1/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soups, exp. 1/15/12 (Share Something Delicious), $0.30/4, $0.25/4, $0.40/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soup, exp. 11/30/11 (SS 09/18/11 R)
- 1 cup sour cream $1/2 Breakstone’s Sour Cream printable
- Put chicken in crock pot (mine was even half frozen. . . )
- Combine bacon pieces, garlic, dressing mix, soup & sour cream in small bowl, pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, covered.
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice.
Recipe adapted from Get Crocked. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 6250+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.