FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
My sweet husband has been begging forever for me to bake up some of his favorite lasagna. Because I'm usually trying to fluff up a bit more exciting recipe to share with you guys, regular lasagna just doesn't seem to make it on the menu plan all that often around here! But, this week I finally gave in and made just plain-ole'-nothing-fancy lasagna, and he was absolutely thrilled. I'm betting your family will be too.
The veryfirst time we made this lasagna almost sixteen years ago, we had a bit of a garlic nightmare on our hands, however my husband has completely changed his way-over-the-top-garlic ways. The last time I sent him to Publix for two cloves of garlic, he came home with exactly that. Two cloves of garlic. Not the whole head, not even half a head, but two measly cloves that he tore apart in the produce department. (The cashier apparently thought it was a little strange but charged him just $.20 anyways.)
Guess I've turned him into a pennypincher too. 😉
Classic Homemade Lasagna Bake
- 3/4 Ground Beef Kroger Ground Chuck $2.69/lb sold in 5 lb roll for $13.45 or Lean Ground Beef on sale $4.49/lb. at Publix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves ground garlic
- 1 7 1/2 oz. can tomatoes cup up Use $0.40/3 Hunt's Canned Tomatoes, exp. 10/28/12 (SS 09/16/12 R)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 t. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups ricotta or cream style cottage cheese Use $1/1 Sorrento Ricotta Publix Store coupon from Publix Best Meals Happen at Home email, Kroger Cottage Cheese on sale $1, Publix Cottage Cheese on sale $2.09, use $1/2 Market Pantry Cheese Item Target printable
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 8 oz. package sliced mozzarella Sargento Cheese on sale $2 at Kroger
- For meat sauce, in a large saucepan cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes; tomato sauce; tomato paste; Italian seasoning; oregano; salt & pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- For filling, combine egg, ricotta or cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the parsley flakes.
- Layer half of the cooked noodles in a 12×7 pan. Spread with half of the filling.
- Top with half of the meat sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Bake in a 375 oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.