If you've every tried Macaroni Grill's Chicken Milano, you know just how good this recipe is. . . fabulous! My kids and hubby gobbled up just about every bite last night, and my husband even raved about how good it was again when he ate up the last few leftovers for lunch today. (Which at our house is completely a sign of a winning recipe!) 😉
Several weeks ago I found the Sundried Tomatoes (shown below) on sale at Publix and stocked up on quite a few because they make for some delicious recipes. While you may have to pay full price for these this week, I promise they are completely worth it. But, keep your eyes for a sale and stock up if you find them at a lower price!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided $1/2 Swanson Broth or Stock Carton printable
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves On Sale $2.99/lb. at Publix, or pick up at Target-Gold’n Plump fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts 20-oz. – $4.99, use $1/1 Gold n’ Plump All Natural Chicken printable; also, in our area Aldi's has boneless skinless chicken breast on sale for $1.59/lb.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces fettuccini pasta, cooked (We substituted with spaghetti, but I wish we'd had fettucine!) Barilla Plus Multigrain Pasta BOGO $2.40, use $0.55/1, $1/2 Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, exp. 11/13/11 (SS 09/18/11)
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat, saute garlic for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes and 3/4 cup chicken broth, and heat to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes until tomatoes are tender. Once tomatoes are tender, add cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer over medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- While sauce is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Over medium heat warm oil and saute chicken. Press on chicken with slotted spatula and cook for about four minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet & cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in, bring 1/4 cup broth to boil, stirring with pan juices. Reduce slightly and then add to cream sauce. Add basil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices, add to sauce and serve over cooked pasta. Enjoy!
- $1/1 Fresh Express coupon from Vocal Point Home Mailer
- Homemade Bread
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Be sure to check out the new Recipe Gallery for more recipe ideas! Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and visit $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
Interact with 6038+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.