Photo Courtesy of Kraft Food & Family
Our version . . .
Do you know how hard it is to get a pretty picture of a burger?
I caught my hubby flipping through Kraft Food & Family magazine the other day, and sure enough he decided exactly what we'd be making this week! After snagging loads of cheap ground beef at Publix last week, we had plenty of meat for burgers, and he was ready for some beef (I'm a chicken girl, myself . . .)
These were easier to assemble than I expected, and I loved that since the recipe calls for the patties divided in half, making them just the right size for my kiddos. (We stuffed ours with the bacon, cheese and onion but left theirs plain.) If you're looking for a different take on the classic burger, than take a few extra minutes and try these out in your kitchen tonight!
Looking for more burger recipes? These Mushroom Smothered Burgers are delicious too!
Bacon, Double-Cheese & Onion Stuffed Burgers
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Cook bacon in skillet. Meanwhile, slice four pieces of onion to set aside and add on top of the burgers, then finely chop remaining onion.
- Set aside bacon, and add onion to saute in bacon drippings, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and mix with cooked onions and cheese.
- Shape meat into 8 thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture on top of four of the hamburger patties.
- Cover patties with remaining hamburger patties, and seal by pinching the edges together
- Grill over medium high heat until cooked through.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out theRecipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.