Looking for a yummy treat to serve for Super Bowl Sunday? This one was a big hit at our house . . .we even had a few friends come over to taste test it last night, and they all agreed it was delicious! I love that you can pop it all in the crockpot a few hours before game time, and then it stays warm throughout the game in your slow cooker. So, if you need a super easy recipe this Sunday, here you go!
Warm Chicken Nacho Dip adapted from All Recipes
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers We used Rotel
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food (Velveeta) cubed
- 2 large cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded Whole Chicken on sale at Publix for $1.29 per pound, you can easily cook your whole chicken to have tons of meat to use in the slow cooker as well, or use boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale at Publix for $2.99/lb.
- 1/3 cup sour cream Breakstone's Sour Cream On Sale $1.50 at Publix
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Place first seven ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high 2 hours. (If your slow cooker cooks very warm like mine does, you'll want to watch it so that it doesn't over heat. I had to turn mine down to low.)
- Stir occasionally.
- Add black beans.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve, & enjoy the game!
Interact with 7551+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.