Here's a printable list of everything you need for your college student. Grab this free college packing list so you don't miss anything!
Print the ULTIMATE College Packing List
While I still can't quite believe it, MANY of our PPP team members (myself, Cheree, Staci and Jamie) have had kiddos graduate high school and head off to college (and some have MORE again this year!).
Collectively, we have either had oodles of experience OR have read just about every college dorm packing list out there. 🙂
You can download your very own FREE COLLEGE LIST to make sure you have everything you need as a college student!!
*Keep in mind this list isn't one-size-fits-all.*
You'll want to adapt it to your child's needs, check to see if the roommate is bringing any of the bigger items, and work within your budget.
If your student has a lot of time for cooking, you'll want to include more food prep items and menu plans. You might also make a plan of what you are planning to share with your roommates and what you are not to avoid any issues in the future (some kiddos share EVERYTHING!).
Bed & Bath:
- XL Twin Sheets
- Mattress Pad
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper/Egg Crate
- Pillows/Pillow Cases
- Reading Pillow/Throw Pillow/Body Pillow
*(Remember, their bed will also be their couch and hangout space!)
- Extra Blanket
- Bed Risers (Gives more under-bed storage)
- Under Bed Storage Totes
- 2 Bath Towels/2 Hand Towels/2 Washcloths
- Shower Flip Flops
- Shower Caddy (if you have communal bathrooms you're definitely going to want one of these!)
- Hair Dryer
- Area Rug
- Full Length Mirror
- Over-The-Door Shoe Holder
- Over-The-Door Hooks (check door thickness first before purchasing)
- Rolling Cart with Drawers
- Storage Trunk with Lock
- Storage Ottoman (this can double as a step stool to hop up onto your bed if on risers)
- Floor Lamp & Light Bulbs
- Fun String Lights
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Trash Can
- Photos/Posters (be sure to be considerate of what you put up if you have a shared living space)
- Command Hooks
- Whiteboard/Bulletin Board
- TV/Gaming System
- Microwave (700 watts or less)*
- Mini-Fridge (under 4.5 cu ft.)*
- Coffee Maker & Travel Mug
- Manual Can Opener
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Containers for Food Storage
- Ziploc Baggies
- Laundry Tote (that can double as a hamper)
- Clothes Hangers
- Detergent (Pods are great)
- Dryer Sheets
- Color Catcher Sheets (so they can do less laundry by throwing all colors together)
- Cleaning Supplies/Air Freshener
- Broom or Stick Vac
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Shower Gel
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Dental floss
- Shaving Accessories
- Brush/Hair Styling Tools
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Nail Clippers
- Toilet Paper (if your dorm has an in-room bathroom)
- Router (for wifi)
- Desk Lamp & Light Bulbs
- Desk Organizer
- Binders/Notebooks/Filler Paper
- Index Cards
- Printer (only if they DON'T plan to use the computer center printers)
- Power Strip with Surge Protector
- Extra Extension Cord
- First-Aid Kit (Ibuprofen, Cold & Flu Relief, Band-Aids, Vitamins, Thermometer, etc…)
- Bike Lock
- Insurance Cards
- Social Security Card
- Credit/Debit/ATM Card
- Drivers License
- Safe storage box or folder
Don't forget to download your FREE COLLEGE PACKING LIST HERE to make sure you have everything you need for college!!
Check out the Best Prices on 12 College Dorm List Items too so you're not overpaying on the items you need the most.
Dorm shopping can get EXPENSIVE – so head over here to check out some prices to shoot for on 12 necessities that are common on college dorm lists. These are rock bottom prices – so look for sales, shop with coupon codes and try to stay in this ballpark!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
I’m having trouble too
Phoebe - PPP Team says
So sorry for the issue! Be sure to check your spam folder, sometimes our emails get sent there instead.
Vickie Guinter says
Laurie, would you post the college First Aid Kit. I have the list of items that would go in, but I don’t have the picture of the plastic container that you used. I want to get one organized for my Freshman granddaughter. Thank you.
Bridgett - PPP Team says
I’ve requested the ultimate college packing list several times, with no luck. Can you add me to the list that you send to your customer service?
Madison ~ PPP Team says
Hey Barb, I’m so sorry we haven’t gotten back to you sooner! Here is the list you requested: Ultimate College Packing List
As does everyone else, I love all of the info you share! I have been trying to get The Ultimate College Packing List with no luck. Over the last ten days or so, I have clicked on and added my info to have it emailed to me at least a dozen times from so many angles, still not receiving it. We’re packing up my sweet girl and would love to receive it to do a more thorough check that we have everything. My info is below.
Kristen ~ PPP Team says
Hi Marilyn, I’m so sorry about that. I will see if I can have our customer service ladies help get that to you in your email!! Have an awesome day!
I am having trouble as well, not receiving the email.
Hello, I have tried a few times as well, but no list yet. I do get other emails from PPP though 🙂