I spent all morning running around town with two little girls in tow hoping to snag the best school supply deals – I'm exhausted! Because I love you guys, 🙂 I figured I'd share my finds with you. (Maybe this will save you a little leg work and a temper tantrum or two – thrown by the mommy of course!)
If I were to route out a trip for you, I'd probably suggest only hitting Walgreens and Walmart this week, but if you're brave you can certainly go for every deal in town! See what you think . . .
- Composition Notebooks (only black) – $.25
- 2 pocket folder with prongs – $.15 (Walgreens deal is better)
- 4 pack Dry Erase Markers – $3.49 (Walgreens deal is better)
- 2 pack Elmer's glue sticks – $.25
- Elmer's Glue – $.25
- 70 Page Spiral Notebooks – $.15
- 24 Crayola Crayons – $.25
- 12 Pack Colored Pencils – $1
- 8 Pack Crayola Washable Markers $2
- Dry Erase Markers – $3.59
- 12 inch School Supply Box – $.60
- 150 ct. paper – $.75 Unless you really want to finish your shopping, hold off on this one – I'm pretty sure it'll go down to at least $.25 before school starts!)
***Also watch out for grapes on sale $.99/lb. – I know they're not a school supply but this is my target price for grapes and I haven't seen it in awhile! Since you're there anyways you might as well grab them 🙂
- Composition Notebooks (lots of colors) – $.25
- 24 Pack Crayola Crayons – $.25
- 12 inch School Supply Box – $.79
- 2 inch White Binder with Clear Front – $3.79
- 1 1/2 inch White Binder with Clear Front – $2.64
***If you head to Target, be sure to take this $5/1 Men's or Women's C9 by Champion apparel item – there were quite a few of these clearanced around $5 at my store today!
- 2 Pocket Folder with Prongs (use in-ad coupon) – 8/$1
- 10 pack Paper Mate Mechanical Pencils (use in-ad coupon) – $.39
- Penway Ruler or Pencil Sharpener (use in-ad coupon) – $.29
- Mini Highlighter (use in-ad coupon) – $.09
- Legal Pad (use in-ad coupon) – $.29
- Mead Envelopes (use in-ad coupon) – $.69
- 100 pack Index Cards (use in-ad coupon) – $.39
- Expo 4-pack Dry Erase Markers – $1.99 (TOP DEAL!!!)
- Crayola 10 pack Markers (non washable) – $1
- Elmer's Jumbo Glue Stick – $.99
- Elmer's Glue – $.99 (better price at Wal Mart)
- Penway Composition Notebooks (use online coupon) – 5/$1 Thanks, Rosy!!!
Staples HURRY – only good through 7/14/10!
- 2 Pocket Folder with Prongs (limit 10) – $.01
- 8 pack Pencils (limit 2) – $.01
- Staples 500 sheet paper (after easy rebate)- $.01
*Must have a minimum purchase of $5 for these deals at Staples, but the paper will cost you $4.99 before rebate, so you can use that towards your deal – thanks for the reminder Elizabeth!
- Swingline Stapler – FREE after $13.99 rebate
- Portfolio Folder – 10/$1
- Caliber 1 subject notebook 70-80 sheets – 2/$1
- Caliber pencil sharpener – 2/$1
- Caliber pen/ink eraser- 2/$1
- Caliber flexi or wooden ruler 2/$1
- Crayola Crayons – $.33
- Dixon #2 Pencils – $.33 each
- Top Flight Notebooks – $.33 each
- Crayola Markets 8 Ct. Box – BOGO $3.69
- Fiskars Kid Scissors – BOGO $2.49
- Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Pen 2 pk – BOGO $2.99
- Pilot Frixion Ball Gel Pen 2 pk BOGO – $3.99
- Poly 2 Pocket 3 Prong Folder – BOGO $.79
- Sharpie Permanent Markets – BOGO $6.99
WHEW! That's quite a list! I'm betting you guys have found even more deals, so please let me know and I'll add them to the list. (I'm still hunting down a deal on a graphing notebook, so if you see one I'd love to hear the price!) Happy Shopping!
Did this post help you out? Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook for more back-to-school deals!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Franklyn Roosa says
I can’t believe it’s finally back to school for the little ones. I don’t know how the teachers deal with everything. Here in Florida the schools are so under budget and staffed the teachers don’t even have any help for the kindergarten and first graders. I even saw on the news that this year some of the local schools are actually asking for parents to send toilet paper as school supplies. All we can do is hope for the best at this point.
Stanton Mcgurl says
Really enjoyed this blog.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
Francis Dodson says
Sound good. Its also my favorite topic.That’s great andthanks for the fine sharring.
With all the doggone weather we have gotten lately I am stuck inside , fortunately there is the internet, thanks for giving me something to do. 🙂
product marketing says
I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write! Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more soon mate
I work in office products and the Walgreens dry erase is the best price you will see on those.
I went to the Staples by COSTCO in Huntsville and my mom bought the 1 cent items without a $5 minimum. She spent .26 cents for 24 of them and the lady in front of us and her daughter both bought 25 folders for .27 cents of something like that. I did get the paper and a few folders.
Hey Laurie – I just got back from Publix and I used the $1/1 q from the Walgreens July coupon booklet and got the Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Pen 2 pks for only 49 cents each 🙂 Just wanted to mention that in case anybody’s Publix considers Wags a competitor.
I was at Kmart yesterday (7/13/10) and they had the Portfolio with pocket folders .10 each, limit 10. Also their filler paper 150 ct. was .50 a pack.
Kmart has the notebook paper for .50 this week.
oops, Laurie, I didn’t mean to be churlish. TY TY TY for posting these sales. I got spirals, crayons, colored pencils and glue at WM today, but couldn’t stomach spending .75 on WR notebook paper…
if you go to http://www.officemax.com and http://www.staples.com you can subscribe to their weekly ads… I’m super torked at staples right now. Maybe MY family is one of the reasons that they changed their 1c policy, but it burns my bacon. i have 3 kids in elementary sch and 1 in MS, and in the past, those 1c deals have really helped, especially because we are asked to supply much more than our own student can use in a year. Not only has staples implemented a minimum purchase, but they have scaled way back on the # of 1c items you can buy.
I’m wondering if anyone has used the 4.99 xerox paper as their $5 minimum… I’m asking because it says that the 1c items can not count toward your $5 minimum…. ??
seo services says
I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write! Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more in the future…
Thanks for taking the time to compile this awesome list and make it so easy to find the best deals around. With 3 kids in school I’m always looking for the best school supply deals. I always try to buy 2 of everything on their lists, that way if something runs out or breaks I have a back up!
I remember last year Wal-Mart’s spiral notebooks got down to $0.05 each. I’m waiting to see if they do that again!
Willowbeth – I almost put that in the post! The Wal Mart ones were much better quality – I think they even had white inside! Thanks for sharing!
I believe Staples penny deal is only good with a $5 purchase. not that its a bad deal, but just so you’re prepared.
You’re right Elizabeth – I’ll add that to the post!
I know that the pocket folders are cheap at Walgreens but both my kids and I HATE them. They are cheaply made and when you open them you see raw cheap icky gray stuff. Give me the nice ones at Staples please with the white inside!
Thanks! At the school where I work we give away school supplies for free to families in need. I always try to buy some when I see them on sale so with these sales I can give more! 🙂
Laurie, we had a hard time getting the manager to make the coupon go through… but finally he did. 🙂
Do you still have the receipt, I would return them. We require our students to have 4 of the composition notebooks so I would stock up on these 🙂
So thankful for this list! I went through my entire stockpile this past school year — I’m a teacher, so I try to stay fully stocked. It’s back to square one now, so thanks for a great list that helps me stock up at rock bottom prices. This is my first school year as a couponer, so I am excited to see how much less I spend than normal. (I usually spend anywhere from $30 to $50 to stock up on paper, pens, pencils, and little school goodies like fun erasers.)
Awesome List Laurie!! i am gonna share a link on my blog!
Thanks to everybody!!! This is so, so helpful!!! This will make going back to school a little more exicitng!
Rachel V. says
Thanks girl! You made it so easy for me to sit down with the supply list from the school and see exactly WHERE I need to go! And thanks too to Rosy….I love covering those composition notebooks with scrapbook paper to give away as little token gifts.
Rosy – how’d I miss that one? I bought them for $.79 there Sunday, and was SOOOOOO mad when I saw them at Target today – argghhhhhh!
Walgreens- Penway composition notebooks usually 79 each, 20 cents each with Walgreens coupon, on their website. Please let me know if you need the link 🙂