Is the Tineco Floor ONE S3 VacMop better than the Bissell Crosswave? We tested it out to see how it performed – check out our full and honest review!
Tineco Floor ONE S3 Review
Hi all – Mary here! If you've been on the hunt for an all-in-one appliance that will vacuum and mop your floors at the SAME time, this post is for you! I recently tried the highly rated Tineco Floor ONE S3 Cordless Floor Cleaner and am here to give an honest review so you can make the best decision for your home.
First impressions of the Tineco Floor ONE S3:
First things first. The Tineco Floor ONE S3 was packaged VERY well in the original box and all of the accessories were secure and individually wrapped to avoid scratching or damage.
Plus, it was extremely easy to put together and was practically ready to use out of the box, although the battery was only around 50% charged (takes a few hours to charge fully). I just plugged the handle into the machine, filled the water tank & attached it to the base, and it was ready to roll! Easy peasy!
Here's what came in the box:
- Vacuum/mop base
- Charging station
- Deodorizing multi-use floor cleaning solution (it smells great!)
- 2 brush rollers
- 2 HEPA filters
- 3-in-1 cleaning tool
- Accessory holder
- HEPA filter holder
- Wall adapter
How did the Tineco Floor ONE S3 perform?
I decided to really put the Tineco to the test to see how it would perform on my tile floors when picking up an assortment of foods, including raw eggs, dry cereal, milk, juice, mustard, & ketchup.
While it did use max power to clean up the mess (it has an auto and max setting), overall I was really impressed with how it sucked up all of those messy foods and cleaned the floor without leaving any streaks. You can see the dirty water tank above filled with the cereal, milk, juice, and other items. EEWWW! 🤢
Check out this video below to see it in action!
Pros of the Tineco Floor ONE S3 –
- Combines vacuuming and mopping into one – and does a great job! Saves time when I just want to do a quick run-through on the floor without having to get out my vacuum and mop.
- Self-propelled, cordless, & lightweight (makes it super easy to maneuver!).
- Has separate water tanks – I love that it keeps the clean and dirty water separate so you know your floor is getting a good clean and not pushing around dirt and grime.
- iLoop Smart Sensor Technology – When you turn it on, it detects the mess on your floor and intelligently adjusts the suction power and water flow as needed.
- LED display – The sleek display makes it really easy to see how much battery you have left and whether you're running on auto or max level. It is SO fancy!
- Self-clean mode – Their 5-in-1 self-cleaning system rinses your brush rollers and cleans the dirty water tank so you don't have to – pretty genius! If you wan to clean your machine further, you can use the 3-in-1 tool to get in the little cracks/crevices.
- Floors dry really fast & streak-free – It doesn't soak your floor with water/solution – and my floors looked really clean without streaks. 🙂
- Includes user-friendly mobile app makes it easy to see the cleaning history, get cleaning reminders, see the filter life, and more.
Cons of the Tineco Floor ONE S3 –
- It's expensive – at over $300, it's definitely pricey.
- Small clean water tank – I have a TON of tile in my home and have to fill the tank up twice to do the entire downstairs flooring in my kitchen, dining room, hallways, bathroom, laundry room, etc.
- Battery life – It goes from 100% to about 40% during an entire cleaning of my home, so not terrible, but it doesn't last a super long time.
- Voice assistant – I personally don't care for the lady talking to me all the time (it tells you when your water tank is low, when you need to clean the dirty water tank, etc), but it can be turned off with a small button on the back of the machine or via the app. 😅
- Not a carpet cleaner – This machine is not a carpet shampooer. It supposedly can vacuum carpets, but it really works best when used to VacMop hardwood, tile, or laminate floors.
- Must use Tineco solution – You can use ONLY water in the machine, but when you want to do a deep clean, you have to use the solution from Tineco. You only need a tiny cap full per clean, so the bottle lasts a while, but to buy a new 33.8oz bottle costs around $25 on Amazon.
- May have to clean machine after use – Even though there is a self-clean mode, if you're picking up eggs or really sticky/dirty items, you may want to manually clean the machine after using it. It's not hard or too timely, but something to keep in mind.
Overall verdict? I've been using the Tineco Floor ONE S3 for a few weeks now and overall I'm very happy with it. I don't think I'd want to use it to pick up eggs and yucky foods very often, but it handled it well. For day-to-day cleaning, it does a great job and I love that I can run through the entire downstairs of my house in about 15-20 minutes or less and have a clean AND dry floor without streaks! 🙌🏻
(Going through a self-cleaning cycle above)
NOTE – I have never owned have a Bissell Crosswave, so I cannot attest to how the Tineco Floor ONE S3 VacMop compares to it. BUT you can read the following rave reviews from Amazon customers who've had both items and prefer the Tineco over the Bissell Crosswave!
Wondering how it compares to the Bissell Crosswave? Check out a few rave reviews:
Review 1 –
“Let me just start by saying I do not write reviews often unless I feel really strongly about something. Absolute best purchase I’ve ever made. A huge game changer. This thing does wonders for our floors. The suction power is absolutely amazing. I have a Dalmatian and the amount of dog hair has been overwhelming and nothing has picked it up like the Tineco. I’ve had a Bissell Crosswave before and it would just push the wet dog hair around. My floors are shiny after using and feel so clean on our feet! The floors dry quickly too because the Tienco doesn’t soak your floors which is a huge plus when you have laminate flooring. This has saved so much time. I actually enjoy cleaning my floors now.”
Review 2 –
“I purchased the Tineco S3 at the same time as a Bissell Crosswave Pro so that I would not ever wonder if I purchased the wrong one. The Bissell was sent back pretty immediately. This is for hard flooring only and the Crosswave is supposed to be able to switch back and forth between hard flooring and carpet. The dirt left behind with the Crosswave called it for me. I don't care if it can do a “decent job” on two types of flooring. I would rather own two units that do an immaculate job on their specified flooring – I like my house clean!!! Not semi clean! The suction on this with it being cordless is absolutely impressive. The roller is so compact it is perfect for hard flooring.
My only complaints are – battery life. But its a fair trade for it being cordless! Second complaint is the smaller water tank, BUT! again it alerts you to clean it out so that it can continue to clean with full power/suction. It really is an all around well thought out product. The cherry on top is the Tineco is aesthetically pleasing. So if you do not have somewhere to store it and it has to be left out in the open it's not a giant purple or green eye sore.”
Review 3 –
“I have owned a Bissell Crosswave for three years. That’s three years and three new Crosswaves. I don’t know why their so highly rated because you have to replace them yearly after they quit working! Looking for a different option I found this one. A little more expensive but worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! I LOVE this thing!!! I can just grab it off the charger and get to it. No hassling with cords, no spending time at the end cleaning every piece because it’s self cleaning! What a great concept and it pulls a lot of dirt out of the brush roll and internal parts.
I love that it’s self propelled because I have a bad back and knees and it runs itself with me just to guide it! It cleans much better than my old Crosswave, leaving my wood floors streak free. My floors would look terrible after cleaning with my Crosswave. It only takes 1 cap of solution with the water so you save on cleaning solution. I didn’t think I really needed it to talk to me but it’s great because it reminds me to start cleaning cycle, fill water tank, empty dirty tank, etc.
This machine is stellar in every way. The only con is it has an internal battery so once the two year battery warranty has expired and the battery gives out I guess you have to replace it. Even so its then lasted twice as long as my old Crosswave! And maybe the battery will last 5 years – who knows? No one has had one long enough to judge because it’s a pretty new item in their line. Don’t think twice and make your life easier! Buy it now! I’m not getting paid to write this. 😊”
Interested in trying this floor cleaner? Check out this deal:
Buy Tineco Floor ONE S3 Cordless Hardwood Floors Cleaner – $399.99
Clip the $40 off eCoupon
Makes it $359.99 shipped!
Have you used this Tineco VacMop before? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
More deals today: