FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Gooey Butter Cookies (also try out Gooey Butter Cake)
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add egg & vanilla, blend well. Add yellow cake mix and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1″ balls, coat with confectioners sugar.
- Bake 10-13 minutes at 350. Enjoy!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
How many cookies does this recipe make? They look yummy and easy.
This is a great recipe!! I’ve made it with chocolate cake mixes or a brownie one, and they always get rave reviews!!!
I wondered about it with chocolate cake mixes, and I bet it would be amazing with a brownie mix!
I see you have a batch on a baking stone. I cook everything on stones!! Love them. Going to try this recipe today!
I love my baking stone too Jill! Let me know if you like the recipe (it’s so easy!)
just finished baking my first batch and these are delicious…and simple. i can see these being made on a regular basis
So glad you liked them! (Love easy recipes!)
I’ve lived in Fl, GA, and AL. I tell my husband that I refuse to move north of the Mason-Dixon line, lol!
I’m with you Cassie! 🙂
Looks so yummy!
What does the sign behind your stove say? The South? Can’t make out all of it.
Love what I can read though!
Hi Melisa! That’s one of my favorite things in our kitchen . . . we love living in the South! Here’s what it says
The place where . . .
1)Tea is sweet and accents are sweeter.
2) Summer starts in April.
3) Macaroni & Cheese is a vegetable.
4) Front porches are wide and words are long.
5) Pecan pie is astaple.
6) Y’all is the only proper noun.
7) Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy.
8 ) Everything is Darlin’ .
9) Someone’s heart is always being blessed.
While I’m kind of a transplant (maybe – I grew up in FL but lived in KY for ten years . . . however my mom’s family is from PA so I didn’t ever think of myself as a Southerner!), we really do love Alabama. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to stop myself from typing the word y’all in a post! (I used it a lot when I talk, but it just looks different when it’s typed!!!) 🙂