Been tempted by some of the TikTok makeup trends floating around out there? Our team has been testing out some of the most popular and here's our hot take!
Latest TikTok Makeup Trends Worth Trying
Here are some of the most worthwhile TikTok makeup & beauty products that we've tested and approved!
Ok so… gross. I know. I know!!
But if you are dealing with pimples once in awhile, you are going to love this one! PPP team member Jamie tested these pimple patches for us and here's what she said:
“I get pimples once every week or so – and I'm really bad about picking at them rather than letting them heal. This time, after I had a big bump form on my chin overnight, I washed my face and applied a pimple patch. I left it on for 5-6 hours and then curiosity got the best of me and I peeled it off because it looked like something was happening under there….
The magic of hydrocolloid layers had pulled out lots of excess oil and bacteria, etc.. from my skin and helped smooth out the bump and reduced redness significantly. I put another one on after taking this picture because otherwise I KNOW I'll have trouble keeping my hands off. These really are a great option to help quickly reduce and heal emerging pimples!”
- Inexpensive – only about 19¢ per patch
- This type of wound care has been used in hospitals for a long time and is nothing new or risky – it just comes in tiny pimple-sized patches now!
- Reduces bacteria and extra fluids to speed up healing time
- Discourages picking
- Patches say you can wear under makeup – but as much as they're fairly unnoticeable – it isn't invisible. I would feel super weird wearing this around other people I think.
These mitts get CRAZY good reviews for exfoliating dead skin before using sunless tanner, as well as getting rid of keratosis pilaris (those little bumps on the backs of your arms for instance) – so we had to try them!
PPP Team Member Jamie said:
“My arms have always been bumpy, and my legs get bumpy after I shave too – I heard about these mitts and thought they were worth a shot – and they were AWESOME!
The proprietary viscose material is weird and kind of shrinks in water (it's not your typical dollar store scrubby mitts). I gently rubbed in circles all over my upper arms and skin came rolling off in little balls (EWW! But also AWESOME!). I couldn't get a picture of that – but you can see one above from another Amazon reviewer.”
- Works VERY well at exfoliating skin
- Really easy to use
- Not too expensive (under $12)
- Works best when you soak skin in the shower for 20 minutes first – so you can't just do it anytime you want
- Supposed to replace every few months
- Can't be used on face
If you have thin or light brows like I do OR are still suffering from the aftermath of the 90s when overplucked brows were in (what were we thinking??), this TikTok product is amazing!
PPP Team Member tried this product recently and here's what she said:
“I have tried a lot of brow products and even contemplated microblading to help fill in my overplucked brows. I saw this product on TikTok and decided to give it a try after seeing so many positive results! At first I was a little hesitant because the product goes on really dark and peels off afterwards, so I was scared it would peel off the little eyebrows that I did have. But thank goodness, it didn't!
I tried the Dark Brown color since I have naturally dark brows and hair. The product is somewhat goopy and thick – it works best if you can outline the shape that you want your brows first with a light brow pencil. Then just layer on the Tattoo Brow product and let it sit for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours for the full effect (which lasts 2-3 days).
The first time around, I only left it on about 30 minutes to see how it would do and it was great! It easily peeled off, stayed on after I washed my face, and even looked great the next day! I think I will leave it on for the full 2 hours next time and maybe use an angled brush to apply it but overall I'm pretty happy with this product!
- Easy to apply and peel off
- Waterproof – stays on 1-3 days!
- Natural filled-in brow look
- Product is hard to find; goes in and out of stock
- Somewhat pricey at $9.99
- Limited colors
If you want to see this Maybelline product in action, check out these TikTok videos!
If your For You TikTok feed is filled with beauty hacks, you've likely seen this beauty brush cleaner a few times already. PPP Team Member Mary tried it out and here's what she said:
“I do NOT clean my makeup brushes nearly as often as I should, so when I saw this thing on my For You feed, I figured I'd give it a try. Plus, it looked kinda fun to use too! I was able to set it up and get it running in under a minute, so it's super intuitive and easy to use. But does it work?
At first, I wasn't sure if it was really cleaning my brushes because of all the white bubbles that were left in the bowl. But after the bubbles settled down, I could see that the water was definitely a dirty, yucky color! Gross! I can see how it would definitely do an even better job of cleaning if I used a Brush Shampoo (I'm totally grabbing this one though ~ it has amazing reviews!). It also seemed to do a better job when used with hot water. Plus, I love that it can dry brushes in the bowl after you pour out the water! Overall I think it did a great job and is definitely fun to use!”
- Comes with a lot of different attachments for super tiny brushes to big ones.
- Really easy to use and set up.
- Not too expensive (under $17).
- Can use the spinner to clean AND dry brushes.
- Only takes 10 seconds to give your brushes a thorough clean.
- Works best with a Brush Shampoo, which isn't too expensive, but is another thing to fill up your counter.
- Requires batteries (not a terrible inconvenience, but just FYI)
This cleanser has been sold out almost EVERYWHERE for the past several months after going viral on TikTok BUT it's back in stock and even has a coupon with it! It went viral for being a cleanser that REALLY WORKS to clear up skin, eliminate those pesky tiny white bumps (Milia), and clear up acne.
You can grab this cleanser right now for only $9.82 shipped – normally $19!
PPP Team Member Jamie said this:
“I took the pic above without makeup (Except my eyebrows – ha! – I can't go around without my eyebrows!) so you can see my skin in natural light. This stuff REALLY works to help clear up problem skin!
My 16 year old was complaining about bumps on his face so last month I picked up the very last bottle of Cerave SA Cleanser at the CVS (Every other place was sold out!) I'd heard great things about it and seen it countless times on TikTok. I decided to use it right along with him to see if it helped my skin any – and I love it!”
You can feel these differences after a few weeks:
- Softer Skin (it exfoliates using Salicylic Acid and I can tell a difference in the softeness of my face)
- Fewer tiny white bumps (I tend to get Milia under my eyes but I have fewer now)
- Fewer pimples (I get breakouts around my jawline and nose fairly often – but lately – nothing!)
If you get Milia on the backs of your arms, or anywhere else – you might want to try the Cerave SA Bodywash for Rough & Bumpy Skin as well!
PPP Team Member Andrea insisted that we all try some of her favorite self tanners now that they have new not-smelly ones – and we fell in love with one!
PPP Team Member Jamie & Misty both LOVED their Tanologist tans – and said:
“I love these drops! These have almost no smell at all and they get me medium-dark pretty fast! I love to be tan, so I got the “Dark” variety 🙂 They're soooo much better than the old sunless tanners with the strong smell and the streakiness – and not a fake orange color either.”
This is a picture of my PPP Team Member Misty's legs – the right one using the drops and the left one without. She said this was her color after just a few days of using the Medium color.
- No Self-Tanner Smell – the DHA (which causes the sunless tanning) is derived from a vegan source which eliminates the sunless tanner smell and allergic reaction that some folks have.
- The Drops allow you to add this to ANY lotion you already own – facial moisturizer, Bath & Body Works body cream – anything!
- It's pricier than the old self-tan lotions.
- However…. a little goes a long way when mixed with your own moisturizers!
**Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops are another option – though PPP Team Member Mary says they have a little more smell than she was hoping.
This $6 E.L.F. 16-Hour Camo Concealer is going viral on TikTok for being a dupe for Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer (which is 4X the price). It claims to offer full coverage and a matte effect, without settling into fine lines. PPP Team Member Jamie gave it try!
Here's what she had to say:
“I have HORRIBLE under eye circles – dark, puffy, shiny, you name it. I inherited my PawPaw's undereye bags, so I know there's no escaping these bad boys. I've tried a number of concealers over the years and I was game to try one more!
Below is a non-filtered and no-other-makeup picture so you can see what this concealer really looks like compared to no concealer. The left eye is my just woke up puffy, shiny, undereye bags. The right eye in the photo I've blended this concealer from the inner corner to the outer corner.”
- Cost – This stuff is GOOD STUFF for $5 – $6! Especially if you compare to the $26 Shape Tape…
- The formula is nice and thick and highly pigmented – so it doesn't just disappear into sheerness as you start to blend into the skin. (Because if your under eyes have that purplish bruised discoloration like mine you know you really want ACTUAL COVERAGE.)
- It dries matte – so it helps with the oily/shiny appearance that draws attention to undereye circles.
- Smoothness – I use a little blender sponge just like this one and it blends on nice and smoothly and doesn't settle into every tiny crease like some I've tried.
- It is drying – and I'm sure that has to do with the mattifying formula – but I use mine over a tinted moisturizer and that seems to balance it out.
- Shades seem to be lighter than they appear on Amazon – so you might want to go a shade darker than you think you need. I ended up with a color that's lighter than I need but it still works fine with my mineral powder over it 🙂
This Revlon Styler has been a team favorite product for YEAR – so when we saw it trending on TikTok it made total sense to me. 🙂 I use my Revlon styler almost daily – it gives my hair body and tames the frizzies – all I do is dry my hair with this styler and I end up with a smooth and styled hair all in one step!
- Cuts down on drying/styling time by combining them both
- Smooths hair and leaves it looking cute without having to use other tools
- Adds volume but leaves hair silky smooth
- It gets HOT – so use on low setting or you may damage your hair (Or use a heat protectant product)
This isn't the LATEST mascara to go viral on TikTok (the latest is this Maybelline Sky High Mascara – but reviews are a little mixed!)
But this is a SUPER effective volume and length combo that my daughter taught me how to do!
IT IS SO EASY! You take the Telescopic mascara – it's a skinny little tube, and do a real good job with that one. Then layer the Voluminous one on top of that. It takes like 3 seconds.
This Essence Lash Princess Mascara is another trendy TikTok makeup sensation – and a few of our team members have tried and loved it! At under $5 it's a guilt-free product to try out 🙂
PPP Team Member Misty's daughter loves this mascara and is rocking those lashes!
And One That's NOT Worth It….
PPP Team Member Jamie gave this hot item a try and was NOT impressed.
We were hearing all about this L'Oreal Infallible Foundation Powder – about how it makes it look like you have a filter on your face at all times….
I was skeptical but I ran out to CVS to snag it anyway! And…. I did NOT like it. It was so powdery in my bathroom mirror that I felt 5 years older.
YIKES! NOT a flattering pic – but let's look real close so you can see….
It layered itself on all the tiny hairs on my face and settled into my wrinkles and sure, maybe if you squinted your eyes it would look like a soft blur – but that's not what I want in real life!
Standing in front of a window in very kind morning light (the first picture) I was pretty happy with the coverage but as you can see from the second closer picture… the powder is very powdery.
I know that sounds silly – of course it's powdery Jamie! – but I'm used to using a mineral powder foundation that does NOT leave this powdery look. I don't like it and I feel like it ages me even more.
I suppose if you were only using this powder foundation for a slightly far-away photo shoot it'd be fine but any real up-close and personal contact is going to reveal that you have a cakey layer of powder on your face!
Have you seen any TikTok Beauty or Makeup trends you want us to test out for you? Leave us a comment and we'll let you know if it's a dream-come-true or a DUD!
Love Amazon? Don't miss my list of 16 items you should be buying on Amazon.
See more Amazon Deals, and remember when you subscribe and save to 5 or more items in one month, you’ll also save an additional 15% on all of your subscribe and save purchases.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.