Been tempted by some of the TikTok makeup trends floating around out there? Our team has been testing out some of the most popular and here's our hot take!
Latest TikTok Makeup Trends Worth Trying
Here are some of the most worthwhile TikTok makeup & beauty products that we've tested and approved!
Hydrocolloidal Pimple Patches
Ok so… gross. I know. I know!!
But if you are dealing with pimples once in awhile, you are going to love this one! PPP team member Jamie tested these pimple patches for us and here's what she said:
I get pimples once every week or so – and I'm really bad about picking at them rather than letting them heal. This time, after I had a big bump form on my chin overnight, I washed my face and applied a pimple patch. I left it on for 5-6 hours and then curiosity got the best of me and I peeled it off because it looked like something was happening under there….
The magic of hydrocolloid layers had pulled out lots of excess oil and bacteria, etc.. from my skin and helped smooth out the bump and reduced redness significantly. I put another one on after taking this picture because otherwise I KNOW I'll have trouble keeping my hands off. These really are a great option to help quickly reduce and heal emerging pimples!
Avarelle Acne Patches 40ct – Under $7.50 with S&S
- Inexpensive – only about 19¢ per patch
- This type of wound care has been used in hospitals for a long time and is nothing new or risky – it just comes in tiny pimple-sized patches now!
- Reduces bacteria and extra fluids to speed up healing time
- Discourages picking
- Patches say you can wear under makeup – but as much as they're fairly unnoticeable – it isn't invisible. I would feel super weird wearing this around other people I think.
PPP Team Member Andrea insisted that we all try these Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops bc of how HUGE they are on TikTok right now.
She used them prior to a recent beach trip and it gave her a beautiful natural looking tan!
- No Self-Tanner Smell – the DHA (which causes the sunless tanning) is derived from a vegan source which eliminates the sunless tanner smell and allergic reaction that some folks have.
- The Drops allow you to add this to ANY lotion you already own – facial moisturizer, Bath & Body Works body cream – anything!
- It's pricey…. we ordered from Sephora for $29 – which is quite a bit more than the $8 – $10 self tanners we're used to seeing at the drugstore.
- However…. supposedly a little goes a long way when mixed with your own moisturizers!
E.L.F. 16 Hour Camouflage Concealer
Recently my friend Misty told me that this $6 Concealer was trending all over TikTok … so we had PPP Team Member Jamie give it try! Here's what she had to say:
Jamie here! I have HORRIBLE under eye circles – dark, puffy, shiny, you name it. I inherited my PawPaw's undereye bags, so I know there's no escaping these bad boys. I've tried a number of concealers over the years and I was game to try one more!
This $6 E.L.F. 16-Hour Camo Concealeris going viral on TikTok for being a dupe for Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer (which is 4 times the price). It claims to offer full coverage and a matte effect, without settling into fine lines. Let's see!
(P.S. They have a slightly newer version that's also hydrating and I might try that one next!)
Okay y'all – not super thrilled to share my puffy eye pic – but here it is!
This is a non-filtered and no-other-makeup picture so you can see what this concealer really looks like compared to no concealer. The left eye is my just woke up puffy, shiny, undereye bags. The right eye I've blended this concealer from the inner corner to the outer corner.
- Cost – This stuff is GOOD STUFF for $5 – $6! Especially if you compare to the $26 Shape Tape…
- The formula is nice and thick and highly pigmented – so it doesn't just disappear into sheerness as you start to blend into the skin. (Because if your under eyes have that purplish bruised discoloration like mine you know you really want ACTUAL COVERAGE.)
- It dries matte – so it helps with the oily/shiny appearance that draws attention to undereye circles.
- Smoothness – I use a little blender sponge just like this one and it blends on nice and smoothly and doesn't settle into every tiny crease like some I've tried.
- It is drying – and I'm sure that has to do with the mattifying formula – but I use mine over a tinted moisturizer and that seems to balance it out.
- Shades seem to be lighter than they appear on Amazon – so you might want to go a shade darker than you think you need. I ended up with a color that's lighter than I need but it still works fine with my mineral powder over it 🙂
Revlon One Step Hair Dryer
This Revlon Styler has been a team favorite product for YEAR – so when we saw it trending on TikTok it made total sense to me 🙂 I use my Revlon styler almost daily – it gives my hair body and tames the frizzies – all I do is dry my hair with this styler and I end up with a smooth and styled hair all in one step!
- Cuts down on drying/styling time by combining them both
- Smooths hair and leaves it looking cute without having to use other tools
- It gets HOT – so use on low setting or you may damage your hair (Or use a heat protectant product)
L'Oreal Telesopic and Voluminous Mascara
This isn't the LATEST mascara to go viral on Tik Tok (the latest is this Maybelline Sky High Mascara – but reviews are a little mixed!)
But this is a SUPER effective volume and length combo that my daughter taught me how to do!
IT IS SO EASY! You take the Telescopic mascara – it's a skinny little tube, and do a real good job with that one. Then layer the Voluminous one on top of that. It takes like 3 seconds.
Essence Lash Princess Mascara
Essence Lash Princess Mascara is another trendy TikTok makeup sensation – and a few of our team members have tried and loved it! At under $5 it's a guilt-free product to try out 🙂
PPP Team Member Misty's daughter loves this mascara and is rocking those lashes!
And One That's NOT Worth It….
PPP Team Member Jamie gave this hot item a try and was NOT impressed.
We were hearing all about thisL'Oreal Infallible Foundation Powder – about how it makes it look like you have a filter on your face at all times….
I was skeptical but I ran out to CVS to snag it anyway! And…. I did NOT like it. It was so powdery in my bathroom mirror that I felt 5 years older.
YIKES! NOT a flattering pic – but let's look real close so you can see….
It layered itself on all the tiny hairs on my face and settled into my wrinkles and sure, maybe if you squinted your eyes it would look like a soft blur – but that's not what I want in real life!
Standing in front of a window in very kind morning light (the first picture) I was pretty happy with the coverage but as you can see from the second closer picture… the powder is very powdery.
I know that sounds silly – of course it's powdery Jamie! – but I'm used to using a mineral powder foundation that does NOT leave this powdery look. I don't like it and I feel like it ages me even more.
I suppose if you were only using this powder foundation for a slightly far-away photo shoot it'd be fine but any real up-close and personal contact is going to reveal that you have a cakey layer of powder on your face!
Have you seen any TikTok Beauty or Makeup trends you want us to test out for you? Leave us a comment and we'll let you know if it's a dream-come-true or a DUD!
Love Amazon? Don't miss my list of 16 items you should be buying on Amazon.
See more Amazon Deals, and remember when you subscribe and save to 5 or more items in one month, you’ll also save an additional 15% on all of your subscribe and save purchases.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.