We've been hosting people over at our house lately to get to know them better, which is a great opportunity to do some extra baking! I always ask our guests what their favorite dessert is, and recently we had a neighbor visit that loved fruit pies. Since I'm not really a pie person, I had to find one that I thought looked good, and goodness this one hit the spot!
We'd picked three gallons of strawberries which I'd frozen, so I just used those strawberries to make it. In just one night my husband, sixteen-year-old and I devoured it ~ so much for leftovers! 🙂 Here's the recipe so you can try it out too.
Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 1/3 cups cookie or graham cracker crumbs I used Oreos
- 6 tbsp sugar divided
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 pkg 16 oz frozen strawberries thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese softened I used whipped cream cheese
- 2 3.4 oz. pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip divided
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix crumbs and 2 tbsp butter.
- Blend together and press onto bottom and side of 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
- Use food processor to blend strawberries and 4 tbsp of sugar until strawberries are chopped.
- Add cream cheese and process until blended.
- Spoon into a large bowl.
- Add both pudding dry mixes. Stir 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of cool whip. Spoon onto crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining cool whip and sliced strawberries just before serving.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.