I'm trying to work on eating out of the pantry right now as our freezer and cupboards are stuffed, and these simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Tacos were Taco a great way to use up a few items we had on hand this week! It also was an easy meal to hand out to my family as we all rushed out the door to weeknight activities, and beat a trip through the drive thru any day. Here's how to make these Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos if you're looking for a simple penny pinched meal this week too.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice
- flour tortillas
- toppings we used sour cream, salsa, and lettuce
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Pour salsa over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker.
- Add cooked rice to slow cooker and let cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix in until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Serve on tortillas, top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Here are a few sales that you'll want to watch for this week on these items if you don't have them at home:
- Kroger Cream Cheese $1.00
- Kroger Chicken 17-29 oz $5.49
- Kroger Value Boneless Chicken Breasts $1.99/lb
- Kroger Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese or Dip $1.25
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.