I ran into Publix today and noticed they had their red potatoes on sale for $2.99 per bag. . . which isn't a huge sale, but we love red potatoes so I decided to grab them! I'm not quite sure that I loved them quite as much as these Roasted Garlic Potatoes (those are just amazing . . . ), but they were so easy and better than plain old mashed potatoes. Here's how to make them if you'd like to liven up potatoes at your house for dinner ~
Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes recipe adapted from All Recipes
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered On sale $2.99 at Publix
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled I used 2 tsp. refrigerated minced garlic, I love that stuff and it's so convenient!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine $1.25/1 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or $.75/1 Land O Lakes Butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Put potatoes & garlic in saucepan & cover with water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain well, then add butter, milk & salt and mash potatoes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.