Don't miss these new Shutterfly coupon codes for free shipping, free prints, and more – plus my BEST tips for how to make a Shutterfly photo book!
Shutterfly Coupon Codes & Photo Book Tips
If you're looking for Shutterfly coupon codes – you're in the right place! We keep this post updated with all the best Shutterfly promo codes, Free Shipping offers, and Free Prints specials on the web.
Today 11/10 only, you can score Personalized Metal Ornaments for only $7 each + FREE Shipping with the code ORNAMENTS at checkout (regularly $29.99)! These would make super fun gifts or would be a great way to display your family Christmas pictures this year! 🙂
Go HERE to start creating yours!
Here are other Shutterfly discount codes that *may* be available:
- FREE Photo Card with code CARD4U
- FREE Custom Envelopes with code ENVELOPES
- 50% off Foil & Glitter cards with code BESTCARDS (exp. 11/10)
- FREE Make My Book Service ($10 value – Limited time only)
- FREE 101 Photo Prints, 5 free magnets, one free art print and one free set of address labels for new customers with Email Signup
Shutterfly App Exclusive Freebies:
- FREE Photo Book per Month with Shutterfly App
- FREE Unlimited 4×6 and 4×4 Prints (although shipping is a whopping $21 through the app!)
- Get the app here!
Shutterfly Free Shipping Code
Get FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more at Shutterfly.com with coupon code SHIP49 AND you can also get a free upgrade to expedited shipping on orders of $49 or more with code UPGRADE!
If you can't find a Shutterfly coupon code for free shipping that's valid when you're ready to order – shipping prices vary based on item. For instance, pay as low as $1.88 for up to 250 photo prints. (Not bad!) Or pay $5 to $12 for a photo book, depending on its size. See the Shipping Price Chart here.
What Is Shutterfly?
Shutterfly is a website that provides a place for you to store and share your photos. You can then order professional prints delivered right to your door!
Besides simply printing out your digital photos, Shutterfly has great tools for making photo books, cards, invitations and photo gifts. Use the Shutterfly coupon codes at the top of this post to get a deal on these popular Shutterfly products:
- Photo Books (Scroll down to see exactly HOW to make a Shutterfly Photo Book!)
- Holiday Cards
- Graduation Announcements
- Wedding Invitations and Save the Dates
- Photo Calendar or Canvas
- Unique Gifts like Shutterfly Mugs, Blankets, Puzzles & Ornaments
- Phone Cases
You can also use Shutterfly to share photos. It's easy to send someone a link to one of your albums via email or Facebook, or use the Share Sites feature.
Shutterfly Share Sites
Have you heard of Shutterfly Share Sites? You can create your own for free HERE! These are like mini websites Shutterfly sets up for you that are JUST for sharing your photos with family and friends. These are awesome for classrooms, youth groups, sports teams, etc…
- Share sites are secure, personal web pages for your family or groups.
- Easily communicate and connect with your share site members through collaborative tools, shared photos, calendars, journals, rosters and schedules.
- Visitors to your site can order prints and photo books from shared pictures and projects.
You can also STORE your photos on the Shutterfly website. Shutterfly offers free, unlimited storage and sharing of photos.
How to Upload Photos to Shutterfly
Shutterfly makes it so easy to upload your memories and organizes it all for you chronologically. Here's how to upload your photos!
- Start by going to Shutterfly.com and sign in (top right corner)
- Login with your username & password, or sign up
- Click “My Photos” from the menu at the top right
- Click “Upload” in the top right corner (see image below)
- Choose where you want Shutterfly to pull your photos from (Your Computer, Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, etc)
- Click on the photos you want to upload – and seconds later they will appear in All Photos
**To upload from your phone, download the Shutterfly App (for Apple or Android) and follow instructions from there.
How to Make a Shutterfly Photo Book
Making a photo book can seem daunting – so daunting that lots of us keep putting it off until it's been YEARS! But it's actually very simple – here's how it works on Shutterfly.
TIP: I almost NEVER make a photo book without a Shutterfly coupon code of some sort. Wait around for free shipping or 50% off or something good if you can!
- Upload at least 20 photos onto Shutterfly.com
- Start your book by choosing Custom Path or Simple Path (or pay an extra $10 design fee for the Make My Book service)
- I recommend clicking “simple path” and watch them magically create your book!
I usually go in and tweak a few things but LOVE that they put the whole book together for you chronologically. Such an easy gift idea and I only purchase these when they have a deal going on!
Digital Photo Storage & Organization Tips
I don't know about you but I have SO many photos on my devices that I actually schedule time organize them (if for no other reason, to make space on my device)!
Here are 2 easy steps to organize your photos to take advantage of photo book deals when they come along. Then all you'll have to do is upload and print!
The very BEST way to keep and store your photos digitally is on the cloud. It's a safe way to never lose those precious memories. Here are a few options you can use to automatically store your photos.
- Apple Photo App (5GB for free with an icloud account + additional storage for purchase)
- Google Photos (15 GB of storage space for free + additional storage for purchase)
- Amazon Photos (5GB for free + unlimited photo storage with a prime membership + additional storage for purchase)
- Shutterfly (Free unlimited photo storage)
Most of these options will organize your photos similar to the structure below, which is a huge “happy” in my book and will save you oodles of time!
How to Structure Digital Photos In Folders
If you structure your photos properly, you'll easily be able to find all the photos you're looking for for a photo book, print or gift option. The cloud options above will structure these for you (to some extent) which is great but here are the basics. You'll need to make some simple folders to organize those photos. I've used this structure for years and it's served me well.
1. Photos Folder
Create a photos folder on your device.
2. Years Folder
Inside of your photos folder, you'll want to create year folders (as many as you like).
3. Month Folder
Inside of each year folder, you'll need to make folders for all 12 months.
4. Memory Folder – optional
I make this one optional, as I never seem to have time to go to this level of detail BUT if you really want to keep those photos organized you can create a fold inside of the month folder to signify a significant memory — for instance —>> PHOTOS –>> 2020 –>> DECEMBER –>> CHRISTMAS PLAY.
That's it! Once you've organized your photos you're all set to make your Shutterfly photo books galore!