FREE WORK PLANNER
The sheet pan salmon and asparagus recipe is so super fresh and tasty. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
Raise your hand if you love a one dish dinner! 🙋♀️ Yep, me too!
If that's you then you're going to love this Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus recipe. You'll have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less too.
Here's what you need for this Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus:
- salmon fillets
- olive oil
- lemons and fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
MENU TIP: This sheet pan Salmon and Asparagus recipe is from week 7 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
How to make this Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner:
Go ahead and preheat the oven to 450°F and position the oven rack in the top third of oven. Line the pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit.
In a small bowl, mash together 6 tablespoons softened butter, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper for the flavored butter. Mash and stir until the lemon juice is incorporated into the butter. It takes a couple of minutes but it will come together.
Snap the ends off of the asparagus (just snap where it naturally wants to break and that will result in tender asparagus).
Place salmon skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and arrange the asparagus around the salmon. Drizzle some olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
Spread ¾ of the butter mixture over salmon and dot asparagus with remaining flavored butter.
Scatter with lemon slices and bake 12-15 minutes or until salmon is flaky and cooked through. Turn oven to broil and broil 2-3 minutes until salmon is golden.
Serve asparagus alongside salmon.
Sheet Pan Salmon & Asparagus
- 2 lb salmon fillet
- 2 lbs asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced into rings
Flavored butter ingredients
- 6 Tbsps butter, softened
- 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice (from ½ large lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F and position the oven rack in top third of oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to fit pan.
- In a small bowl, mash together all flavored butter ingredients. Mash and stir until lemon juice is incorporated into the butter. It takes a couple of minutes but it will come together.
- Place salmon skin side down in the center of baking sheet. Arrange asparagus around salmon. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and roll asparagus to coat. Sprinkle asparagus and salmon with salt and pepper.
- Spread ¾ of the butter mixture over salmon. Dot asparagus with remaining flavored butter. Scatter with lemon slices and bake 12-15 minutes or until salmon is flaky and cooked through. Turn oven to broil and broil 2-3 minutes until salmon is golden.
- Serve asparagus alongside salmon.
Is it better to bake salmon in a glass or metal pan?
Some experts suggest using a glass baking dish for salmon. The reasoning behind this is that glass is a natural insulator which will retain heat well and cook the fish more evenly.
Another great thing about using glass with fish is that it won't react to acidic ingredients like metal does. So go ahead and pile your fish with tomatoes, olives or lemon juice without worrying about the way metal might react.
Our sheet pan salmon and asparagus recipe has come out perfect using a metal baking sheet but try it in a glass dish next time and see how it goes. 🙂
Tips for easy sheet pan dinner clean up:
Use foil or parchment paper! Simply line your sheet pan or baking dish with foil or parchment paper and spray it with some nonstick spray and you'll be good to go with easy clean up. Yay!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week seven of our low cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
A HUGE thank you to Teresa and Alice in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her picture of the Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus. We all love this one! Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!