FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Kelly sent over this quick easy meal that would be a perfect treat thsi weekend if your family is planning to watch a little football! (Or, just need a yummy dinnner…) Thanks so much for sending it over Kelly, I can't wait to try it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup desired sweet BBQ sauce (I use KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- – 10 oz. can refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with Pam.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain and rinse.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, onion, and brown sugar. Cook 1 minute to blend flavors, stirring constantly.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Place 1 biscuit in each greased muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4 inch rim.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of meat mixture into each biscuit lined cup. Sprinkle cheese on each.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until edges of biscuit are golden brown. Cool 1 minute and then remove from pan.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Gallery!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
I like to omit the brown sugar as well since I choose a sweet sauce. I also like to prebake the biscuits just a touch (3 minutes) to make sure the inside isn’t gooey. We had our leftovers again for lunch yesterday and they are just so yummy! I love the taco idea!!!
Jennifer G. says
This is one of my favorite go-to meals! It’s SO super easy and a hit around my house! We call them Barbie Cups. 🙂
( My recipe doesn’t call for brown sugar, in case you want to cut that out. The BBQ sauce is sweet enough, in my opinion. :))
I am sooo calling them that here Jennifer 😉
Shawn Marie says
I just finished making my stuffed BBQ Cups. So anxious to try them……….OMG They are delicious! I am a fan of BBQ sauce anyways and when I seen this recipe I ran out to the store and bought the suppiles ASAP! Thanks so much and I will def. be making these again!
So glad you liked it Shawn! I can’t wait to try it either … thanks for letting us know! 🙂
Jennifer B. says
This reminds me of a “recipe” (not actually a written recipe with quantities, etc.) we make with leftovers.
If we have leftover taco meat, we make “Top Hats.” I don’t know why they are called that, but that’s what we call them.
We split the biscuits in half (layered biscuits, not the Southern style, into a top and bottom half, not sideways) and do not press them into the muffin pan — just set them in on top of the nonstick spray. Then put some leftover taco meat, top with shredded cheese, and bake following the timing and temperature on the biscuit package.
After they bake, we top with lettuce, sour cream, tomato, and salsa (whatever you’d use on tacos). YUM! And it’s a great use of leftover taco meat. A little meat can go a long way with this. I normally make some special for my husband with “lots” of meat and use a little bit of meat for the rest of us.
Great idea Jennifer – those sound so good! And I love coming up with ways to make your meat stretch further – that’s makes such a big difference in our budget! 🙂