Ready to make the yummiest brownies ever? (I knew you were!) This recipe for peanut butter fudge iced brownies is soooo good, and since our weeknight's have been nuts around here for making new recipes I figured you all could handle a little dessert. 😉
I know I know . . . aren't you glad there's no time for dinner? Here's the recipe.
Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies
- 1 or 2 prepared brownie mixes depending on how much brownie you want underneath the yummy frosting (If you're planning to bake two, cut your oven temp down to 325, and bake about fifteen minutes longer than the box states)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp shortenning
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Prepare brownies according to package directions and allow to cool completely before beginning icing.
- To make icing, combine sugar, milk, shortening, margarine & salt in heavy saucepot on stovetop.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring conatantly.
- After it reaches a rolling boil, continue to boil two more minutes on stove without stirring, until it reaches soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Beat until smooth, then quickly spread over completely cooled brownies. This will work in a 9x13 or 8x8 pan, you'll just have more or less frosting.
- ****Note: my frosting was a little on the thin side (I'm not sure that I boiled it long enough), so I let it cool in the freezer to thicken up a bit before frosting the brownies. Once it cooled it was perfect, but I was a little unsure to start!
Brownies just begging to be frosted
Shortening-butter-sugar-goo mixing up on the stove
Brownies all iced and ready to go!
Here are a few sales that you’ll want to watch for this week on these items if you don’t have them at home:
- Starting Sunday at CVS, Skippy Peanut Butter is on sale 2/$5, and you'll get $5 in ECBs back when you spend $15 (making it $1.67 after the coupon!)
- Peter Pan Peanut Butter on sale 2/$5 at Winn Dixie or Food Lion
Thanks to Southern Plate for this great recipe! Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.