This Paper Flowers Craft will really get your creative juices flowing! I had SO much fun playing with these paper flowers and think you will too. 🙂
Cheree' here! I'm super excited to share these coffee filter flowers with you. I've been having such a good time dying filters and playing with different techniques.
This craft has definitely helped pass some time during all the craziness we have going on right now with being at home. 🙂
Paper Craft Flowers Supplies
Let's get to crafting!
You'll first need to dye your coffee filters. You'll need 6 filters for each flower. This take just a few drops of food coloring to about a cup of water. Let the filters soak about 5 minutes or longer if you wish. Let dry on your counter top or some baking racks.
Next, make 2 stacks of 3 filters.
Fold both those stack in half and then…
Fold again to make a quarter.
Then cut a scalloped edge.
Put both stacks together.
Insert bamboo skewer into the middle of the paper flower.
Finally, add hot glue at the tip of the flower and scrunch to make the petals. Do this for each layer, scrunching and fluffing as you go.
Or scrunch and staple!
Wrap the stem with a bit of floral tape and enjoy your creativeness!
These were dyed with coffee and they are absolutely gorgeous. 💕
I'm partial to peonies (like borderline obsessed) so these are really filling the void for me not being able to get fresh flowers right now.
Plus, goodness they are SO real looking! 🌸🌸🌸
If you enjoyed making the coffee filter flowers, these darling cupcake liner flowers will come together in a snap!
Cupcake Liner Flowers Supplies
With just cupcake liners, toothpicks, scissors and a hot glue gun, you're ready to crank out some baby paper flowers!
Follow the exact instructions for the coffee filter flowers except use a toothpick in place of the bamboo skewers and you'll only need a stack of 3 for these miniatures. 🙂
These are SO stinkin' cute!! I think these would be just darling for a girl's birthday party or little tea party.
These paper flowers are really bringing me a bit of sunshine and brightening up my days right now. And I hope they will do that for you too! ☀️
Paper Flowers Craft
- 6 coffee filters per flower
- food coloring
- bamboo skewers
- hot glue gun
- floral tape
- Dye coffee filters. This can be achieved by adding a few drops of food coloring to about 1 cup water. Soak coffee filters about 5 minutes or longer, wring out and let dry on counter.
- In stacks of 3, fold filters in half. Then fold in half again to make a quarter.
- Cut a scalloped edge out of each stack of coffee filters.
- Unfold filters and stack them all on top of one other.
- Here you can either pinch the filters together in the middle and kind of twist them and staple at the bottom. Or find the center of the filters and using a bamboo skewer poke a hole through all 6 layers and thread onto the skewer.
- If using the staple method, take each layer and scrunch to the top to form the flower. If using the skewer method, scrunch each layer and secure with hot glue.
- For a more finished look, wrap the stem with floral tape and glue on some floral leaves.
I've also seen some pretty amazing crepe paper flowers. Want to learn more about those? Head over HERE ~ these are pretty spectacular!
If you enjoyed these Paper Craft Flowers you'll want to check out these paper leaf garlands! 😍
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.