This DIY Paper Flowers Craft is GORGEOUS. I had a blast creating these coffee filter flowers (you could also create tissue paper flowers too)!
DIY Paper Flowers Craft (Make these coffee filter flowers or tissue paper flowers today!)
Cheree' here! I'm super excited to share these coffee filter flowers with you. I've been having such a good time dying these coffee filters and playing with different techniques.
Supplies for Paper Flowers:
Here's how to make Paper Flowers:
You'll first need to dye your coffee filters. You will need to have about 6 filters or pieces of tissue paper for each flower.
Next, take just a few drops of food coloring to a cup of water. You'll want to let the filters soak about 5 minutes or longer if you wish.
Then, let the coffee filters dry on your counter top or some baking racks.
Next, make 2 stacks of 3 filters of tissue paper.
Fold both those stack in half and then…
Fold again to make a quarter.
Then cut a scalloped edge.
Put both stacks together.
Insert bamboo skewer into the middle of your flower.
Finally, add hot glue at the tip of the flower and scrunch to make the petals. Do this for each layer, scrunching and fluffing the coffee filters or tissue paper as you go.
Or scrunch and staple!
Wrap the stem with a bit of floral tape and enjoy your creativeness!
These filters were dyed with coffee and they turned out absolutely gorgeous. 💕
I'm partial to peonies (like borderline obsessed), so I'm LOVING the way these coffee filter flowers turned out.
Plus, goodness they are SO real looking! 🌸🌸🌸
If you enjoyed making the coffee filter flowers, these darling cupcake liner flowers will come together in a snap!
Cupcake Liner Flowers Supplies
With just cupcake liners, toothpicks, scissors and a hot glue gun, you're ready to crank out some baby flowers!
Follow the exact instructions for the coffee filter flowers except use a toothpick in place of the bamboo skewers and you'll only need a stack of 3 for these miniatures. 🙂
These are SO stinkin' cute!! I think these would be just darling for a girl's birthday party or little tea party.
This paper flowers craft really brought in a bit of sunshine and are brightening up my days right now. And I hope they will do that for you too! ☀️
Paper Flowers Craft
- 6 coffee filters per flower
- food coloring
- bamboo skewers
- hot glue gun
- floral tape
- Dye coffee filters. This can be achieved by adding a few drops of food coloring to about 1 cup water. Soak coffee filters about 5 minutes or longer, wring out and let dry on counter.
- In stacks of 3, fold filters in half. Then fold in half again to make a quarter.
- Cut a scalloped edge out of each stack of coffee filters.
- Unfold filters and stack them all on top of one other.
- Here you can either pinch the filters together in the middle and kind of twist them and staple at the bottom. Or find the center of the filters and using a bamboo skewer poke a hole through all 6 layers and thread onto the skewer.
- If using the staple method, take each layer and scrunch to the top to form the flower. If using the skewer method, scrunch each layer and secure with hot glue.
- For a more finished look, wrap the stem with floral tape and glue on some floral leaves.
I've also seen some pretty amazing crepe paper flowers. Want to learn more about those? Head over HERE ~ these are pretty spectacular!
If you enjoyed these DIY Paper Craft Flowers you'll want to check out these paper leaf garlands! 😍
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.