FREE WORK PLANNER
Several of you have e-mailed me requesting deals on Holiday Food Boxes, so I figured it was time to get my act together and start hunting them down! From now through Christmas, I'll highlight any great additions to those boxes, and I'd love for you to start grabbing a few deals to give this holiday season.
Even if you can't fill a complete holiday box on your own, I'm betting you can coupon quite a few freebies, so don't be discouraged if you can only grab one or two items. If each person who looks at this site gives just one item per week between now and Christmas, we should have well over 24,000 items donated (WOW!)
To give you an idea of what's included in a holiday food box, here's a list of our church's food pantries items (thanks, Natalie!) . . .
- 2 Boxes of stuffing mix (“bags” tend to split and spill)
- 2 cans/jars of gravy or 2 pkgs of powdered gravy mix
- 1 box of Instant Potatoes or 2 cans of Potatoes
- 4 cans vegetables (Sweet peas, Green beans, Corn, other)
- 2 boxes of macaroni & Cheese (1 large or 2 small boxes)
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cans of fruit
- 2 cans of sweet potatoes (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 complete dessert item – cake mix and frosting or brownie mix or graham pie crust and fruit pie filling or cookie mix or any complete boxed dessert
So, where to begin? Kelly over at Fru-Gal is challenging us to spend $3 each week of our grocery budget to donate to those in need. If $3 is more than you can do, consider giving just $1, or even fifty cents (or even only freebies!) But determine what you can do, and we'll start watching for bargains so we can enjoy a holiday season of saving and giving – I love that!!!
And any time you see the little pink star next to a coupon matchup , you'll know that's a Holiday Food Box deal! So be on the lookout, and if you see any deals on these items, please send me an email at contact@ passionate penny pincher.com, and let's see how much we can give this season!
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38