If you're looking for a granite countertop cleaner that will keep your counters sparkling, this easy recipe only requires a few ingredients!
Granite Countertop Cleaner – SO easy to make!
Hi all – Mary here! 🙂
Do you struggle to keep your granite countertops shiny and clean – without smudges or smears? 🙋🏼♀️ If so, I think you are going to LOVE this super simple, easy, and extremely affordable DIY granite countertop cleaner!
When the pandemic hit last year, all sorts of kitchen cleaners were impossible to find. SO, I turned to the internet to try and find a solution that would help keep my kitchen countertops clean & somewhat disinfected, too.
I found a “recipe” that seemed easy enough, and decided to give it a try with items I already had on hand. What did I have to lose anyway, except maybe the germs I didn't want anyways??
Let me just say…this stuff is MAGICAL!
It works AMAZINGLY well and makes my countertops sparkle like they were just installed by the home builder. Not to mention that this cleaner only requires a few ingredients and costs less than 50¢ per bottle to make. Plus, it includes rubbing alcohol, which works as a mild disinfectant (see more on this below)!
Before I found this recipe, I used Granite Gold Daily Cleaner or Method Daily Granite Cleaner religiously to keep my countertops clean, but THEY ARE EXPENSIVE (around $5-$10 per bottle!). Now this all-natural DIY Granite Counterop Cleaner is my go-to kitchen spray – and I won't use anything else!
You can easily make this cleaner at home by following the instructions below (even my husband loves using this stuff as he thinks it cleans better, too! 🙂 ).
DIY Granite Countertop Cleaner
- ¼ cup 70% Rubbing Alcohol (can use 1/3 cup if you prefer a stronger cleaner)
- 12-14 ounces Water
- 3-4 drops Dish Soap
- 5-10 drops Essential Oil - I love using Lemon, Sweet Orange, Lavender, or Spearmint! (this step is optional, but it takes away the alcohol smell and makes it smell fresh and clean!)
- 1 Microfiber Cloth (or Paper Towels)
- Fill an empty spray bottle with 1/4 rubbing alcohol (I love using my glass bottle from The Grove and usually just fill it up to where the rubber base stops).
- Next fill the bottle up to the top with water, leaving just a little room at the top.
- Add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Lastly, add 3-4 drops of dish soap to the bottle (do this step last or your mixture will foam up when you add the water).
- Spray on counter and let sit for at least 30 seconds.
- Wipe clean with microfiber cloth or paper towel. Enjoy!
Does this granite countertop cleaner kill germs & viruses?
According to this PDF article by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), rubbing alcohol is a powerful germicide, which means it has the ability to kill a wide variety of germs, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Rubbing alcohol is most effective at killing germs when used at a strength of at least 70%.
Note that this cleaner only acts as a MILD disinfectant for daily use since it is diluted with water. If you are looking for a stronger disinfectant, consider adding more rubbing alcohol and less water.
*As with all household cleaners, please keep out of reach of small children.
This cleaner is extremely affordable as it costs less than 50¢ per bottle to make! I've heard you can even use this cleaner on quartz, stainless steel, glass, and other hard surfaces for a sparkly clean. ✨ Voila!
That's it! Have you used this DIY granite cleaner on your counters before? Let us know!
Other posts you may be interested in:
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.