I'm determined to try a few more recipes on my “Recipes to Try” Pinterest board, so when I saw this Easy Pasta Bake that matched up well with the Publix and Kroger sales ads I was all set! This oh-so-simple pasta dish was a crowd pleaser for our family, and while it wasn't anything extra fancy, it was an easy way to get dinner on the table and enjoy a penny pinched meal at home.
Easy Pasta Bake
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 15 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 24 oz. jar Marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on box and drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the Alfredo and Marinara sauce together in bowl, then stir in Mozzarella cheese.
- Add pasta to sauce mixturen and give it a quick stir, pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese and bake an additional five minutes.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week to make this meal:
- Ronzoni Pasta BOGO $1.50 or Buitoni Riserva Pasta BOGO $2.29 at Publix, use $1/1 Buitoni Refrigerated Pasta or Sauce, exp. 5/30/13 (SS 02/10/13 R) (***I don't think they make a “ziti” noodle, but you could easily substitute with their Fettucine – my family loves Buitoni pasta! I would use two packages of the refrigerated pasta)
- Or Ronzoni Pasta $1 at Kroger, might be able to use $1/2 Ronzoni Pasta Portions, exp. 5/31/13 (SS 03/24/13 R)
- Bertolli Pasta Sauce BOGO $2.79
- Kroger Cheese $1.88, or Sargento Shredded Cheese $2.50 at PublixUse $.55.2 Sargento Shredded Cheese recent printable, check your coupons!
Thanks to Pearls, Handcuffs & Happy Hour for a great recipe! Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.