FREE HOME PLANNING
Don't miss out on this DARLING Dollar Tree Thanksgiving Decor this year.
How to create a STUNNING Dollar Tree Centerpiece
I love all things fall – and especially decorating for and celebrating Thanksgiving!
I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and I am so excited. But, with two little girls running around, I knew I needed to be on top of every aspect of hosting – including decorating! I wanted to make a centerpiece for my table that was easy, budget-friendly, and still beautiful.
With those goals in mind, I headed to the Dollar Tree to put together my own Thanksgiving centerpiece!
How do I decorate for Thanksgiving on a budget?
Decorating for holidays can often get so expensive and I really wanted to keep my budget small for this centerpiece. Thankfully, the Dollar Tree has a great selection of glass items and serving trays. I also went early enough in the season to catch some of their fall decorations before they transitioned to Christmas.
Some ways to keep your budget under control while decorating for Thanksgiving are:
- Keep it small – your centerpiece does not have to be extravagant or enormous. I have a small table as it is, so I wanted to make sure I still have ample room for the star of the show: the turkey!
- Get creative – it might take a few extra minutes walking around the store to find items to creatively put together, but the extra time is worth it.
- Re-use – if you have existing decorations you can re-use or re-purpose, use them! Vases, flowers, pumpkins, etc all make great additions to your centerpiece.
How do you make a Dollar Tree centerpiece?
After my shopping trip, I had a great selection of items to put together for my centerpiece. Here's what I collected:
- This brushed gold charger tray to place my items on
(They also had this in a round version!)
- An adorable glass jar with a lattice pattern to use as a vase
- Some white faux flowers
- Berry garland
- Sparkly gold leaves as accents
- Tealight candles (I ended up not using because they were a little too close to the flowers for comfort)
- I already had some mini white pumpkins at home to use
My goal was simple elegance and I am so happy my centerpiece! It is small enough that there will still be room on my table for food and place settings. If you have a longer table, you could easily make two of these and they would flow so well together.
Want more ideas for your Thanksgiving centerpiece on a budget? Here are some other ideas from Passionate Penny Pincher.
And, check out this adorable Dollar Tree Thanksgiving tablescape Laurie put together a few years ago!
I picked up crisp white dishes, pretty goblets and these darling glass mugs.
I love that you can also order a set of four white plates for only $4 at DollarTree.com. (Choose from a few super cute varieties, like a beaded pattern, and one with a gold rim.)
I found nearly everything I needed for extra company, at just $1 per piece!
Here are just a couple of deals you can snag without leaving the house once they stock online…
- White plates (Beaded, Gold Rim or Plain) 4 for $4
- Gold or Silver Chargers – 4 for $4
- Glass Mugs or Goblets – 4 for $4
- Bowls that match each plate design – 4 for $4
This Dollar Tree Thanksgiving table decor was sponsored by Dollar Tree – but all opinions are 100% my own (goodness, I really do just love the Dollar Tree!) 🙂
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.