Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for something new to try out for Easter brunch this Sunday? My favorite side dishes are the traditional Corn Casserole, Broccoli Cheese Casserole and of course Green Bean Casserole (without the cream soup), so I decided to hunt down something different that most folks may not have tried before.
This was so good, and reminded me of the Creamed Spinach that Claudia Sanders restaurant serves in Shelbyville, Kentucky. (If you're ever near Shelbyville, you have to try it out. While it's far from a penny-pinched meal, it's so good and just a fun place to visit!) It took about two minutes to mix together after I really thawed out and drained the spinach (be sure to really drain it well), and would be a perfect recipe to enjoy this Easter Sunday. Here's the recipe so you can try it out too!
Creamed Spinach Casserole
- 8 oz cream cheese softened - I used the original cream cheese spread which is a little more creamy and easy to work with
- 3 10 oz. packages frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 oz can French's onions divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thaw and drain spinach (you'll want to drain the spinach really well- squeeze out any extra liquid by draining spinach in a colander and pressing out as much liquid as possible.)
- Mix together spinach, cream cheese, mushroom and 1/2 of the French's onions.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Add remaining French's onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through (make sure not to let onions brown too much.)
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 4/16/14):
- Birdseye Veggies 50% off at Publix
- Birdseye Veggies $1 at Target
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese $1.50 at Publix, Target and Kroger, use $.75/1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Campbell's Cream Soup $1 at Publix or $.75 at Target, use $.40/3 Campbell's Soups
- French's Onions BOGO at Publix, use $.30/1 French's Onions, $.50/1 French's Onions from the 2/9 Smart Source insert, or $1/1 French's Onions from the 4/6 Smart Source insert
Looking for more Easter brunch recipes? Here are some of my favorites . . .