Find more penny pinched recipes HERE
Do you ever have those nights where you know you've got to scoot out the door in a hurry but have handed over a peanut butter and jelly sandwich one too many times that week? This recipe is for exactly that night.
These Cream Cheese Chicken Rolls are a super easy way to throw together dinner in a pinch, but your family will at least get a hot meal as you race out the door. And of course, since you can't mess up a Pillsbury crescent roll these are just perfect. (You really can't. mess. them. up.) 😉
They're also are pretty versatile . . . if I make them again I think I'll exchange the cream cheese in some of them for shredded cheddar cheese (I'm thinking my kids will like cheddar cheese better) and add some chopped broccoli. We served them with carrot sticks and apples, and headed out the door . . . but definitely beat eating a hamburger at the drive thru!
Here's what how to make them at your house too . . .
Crescent Roll Recipe: Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- (***Note: this makes 4 large rolls, if you need more you'll want to double the recipe)
- 3 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used a large can of canned chicken)
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Mix together cream cheese, butter and cooked chicken with blender.
- Stir in minced onion, salt, pepper and milk. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Open crescent rolls and make into four squares (each square will have two rolls.)
- Place 1/4 chicken mixture in the center of the square and pull together corners of dough to make a pocket.
- Pinch corners around chicken mixture.
- Repeat with remaining 3 squares.
- Place on baking sheet, and brush with melted butter, then sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350, for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.