FREE WORK PLANNER
After talking about how to organize coupons I thought you all might like to see my super cute new coupon organizer I found at Staples this week! (Actually my friend Staci found it, and when I saw her with it I just had to have one!) Check it out . . .
Isn't it super cute? Because it's so much larger than my previous organizers, I think I should be able to manage all most of my coupons in one place. As you can see I haven't filed much yet, but I'm hoping to have a little time this afternoon to get it done! (My plan is to enlist a little help from my seven-year-old with clipping and sorting on Sunday afternoons.)
I've been trying to figure out how to order the tabs, and decided to sort them by order of my Publix store. Here's the order I've got planned:
- Bakery, Bread, Deli, Produce, Orange Juice
- Cereal, Breakfast Snacks, Granola Bars, Syrup
- Baking Supplies
- Canned Fruits and Juices
- Pasta, Spaghetti Sauce, Tomatoes, Vegetables
- Snacks (i.e. cookies, snack packs, cheezits, goldfish)
- Diapers, wipes
- Meats (i.e. hot dogs, bacon, lunch meat)
- Paper Products
- Cleaning Products, Laundry and Dishwasher Detergents
- Stationary Items (i.e. pens and pencils, back to school, cards, wrapping paper)
- Dairy (Milk, Cheese, Eggs, Yogurt, Butter, Margarine)
- Nuts, Popcorn, Chips, Soda
- Frozen Foods
- Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Floss
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Spray, Deodorant, Feminine Products
- Household Items (batteries, lightbulbs, etc.)
- Store coupons (i.e. $5/$50 competitor coupons, smaller pamphlets that I don't want to clip, etc.)
Finally, I just have to share this with you guys, but if you’ve got a to-do list a mile along today, don’t waste your time reading – I was just too excited not to share!
Since I saw my friend Staci with that cute organizer earlier this week I have completely coveted her organizer (I know, really, who on earth covets a COUPON ORGANIZER??? ) Anyways, I went to three stores to find one, and every one I found was completely mangled or missing parts! Well, when I went back to Staples last night to look just one more time, the same lonely organizer sat there on the shelf looking pitiful (I’m not sure if you can tell, but it’s got quite a few scratches, EVERYWHERE!)
When I asked a clerk about a discount on it, he told me “Oh, I’m sure the manager would give you a BIG discount on that because it’s so beat up and we could NEVER sell it. He’d probably give you TWENTY PERCENT OFF!” Twenty percent off? Seriously? Obviously this guy doesn’t know that this penny pinchin’ momma is not too impressed with a measely 20% off!
Well, he asked the manager who went all the way up to 25% off. I almost left, but the very nice clerk (who really was trying to be helpful) said, “Well, let’s just see what it comes to with the discount”. The computer refused to accept the 25% discount, so he asked the manager what to do, and he said “Oh, just ring it up at $5″, a savings of 60% off the $11.99 sticker price. HAPPY DAY FOR ME!
Sorry, but I’m really excited about that organizer for $5, and to be honest, I’d have been happy to pay $11.99 if it hadn't had so many dings! I'd love to hear if you've had a few minutes this weekend for a little organization, because I can sure use all the encouragment I can muster up around here! Happy organizing!