FREE WHOLE FOODS
I'm so excited about this.
Like, for real.
I make a quick Costco run this morning to see what items you really need to watch for on sale this month (watch for details shortly), and decided (because I love you so much?) to answer the deep burning question that has rattled passionate penny pinchers for decades.
I'm here for you that way.
I found out, once and for all that those lovely-plump-and-juicy-Costco rotisserie chickens might just be a deal.
Honestly? I didn't expect it to be.
But I was wrong. Which is kind of exciting?!
Here's how the prices stack up:
- 1 1/4 cups Tyson grilled and ready chicken from Kroger = $4 (YIKES)
- 5 cups chicken that I grilled myself, *however the chicken was on sale at Fresh Thyme for a crazy price ~ $1.59/lb which hardly ever happens = $4.09
- 5 cups Costco whole chicken = $4.99, and no work on my end other than tearing the meat off the bone (that was even without fully getting every single bit of chicken off the bone ~ not too shabby!)
So if picking up a Costco whole chicken just gives you a wee bit of joy (honestly, just doing the experiment itself made me a little happy today . . .) you now have permission. 🙂
Curious what other items are worth getting at Costco and Sam's Club this month (updated 3/7/16?) Go HERE.
Not sure what to make with all that yummy Costco chicken? Here you go:
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
- 6 Can Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Savory Cream Cheese Chicken Rolls
- Cheesy Chicken Rolls
- Chicken & Broccoli Braid
- Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
- Homemade Chicken & Dumplings
- Chicken and Noodles
- Almost Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Tettrazini
- White Chicken Chili
- Sweet Southern Chicken Salad
And if you love rotisserie chicken but don't have a Costco card (or like to know what the ingredients are by making it yourself), you can make Rotisserie chicken at home too.
Curious what I wouldn't buy at Costco? Here you go. If you have other thoughts on what you love buying at Costco I'd love to hear them ~ leave a comment to share!