I found this little hack for a lightbulb without a plug last week, and couldn't wait to share it with you! GE makes a Battery Backup Bulb that you can use in regular lamps, and it totally works. Here's what to do:
- Start with a GE Battery Backup Bulb
- Charge it in a regular lamp that's plugged into the wall (I charged mine while out of town over the weekend)
- Put it in any lamp in your house that doesn't have a plug nearby (I'm using this lamp from Target that I found in last week's sale ~ these are thetulips I have in case you've been looking for simple Spring decor!)
- Voila ~ the lamp is done and you have a lightbulb with no plug that actually works!
Here are a few things to note if you try this out:
- The light is not as bright as a traditional lamp. I'm okay with that, but if you need a bright light, this won't work for you. (However, if you just want it for ambience, this is perfect especially as they're very inexpensive to run compared to traditional bulbs!)
- You'll want to charge for a few hours prior to using (I charged mine for 8 hours)
- If you'll use it regularly, you can keep one bulb charging in another light at home while this one runs
- According to Amazon, this will stay lit for 5 hours when fully charged. I'm testing mine out today – I'll update and let you know!
Have you tried any other bulbs that recharge without using a plug? Let me know ~ I'd love to hear if there are other ones that work!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Mrs. Cliff says
I have signed up numerous times for different things like the free budget worksheet etc. Do yojj in know what, I never ever receive them. I check my trash and junk folder too, nothing . I’m trying one more time
Bridgett - PPP Team says
So sorry to hear that. If you don’t receive them please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll see if we can get help you out! 🙂