PPP reader Kristi sent me this simple Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments Recipe a few years ago, and I finally took a few minutes to make them this year! They're so simple to make (it took me under 15 minutes from start to finish), and look and smell just wonderful. They would be so cute added as a gift tag to a special gift, or a great way to let your kids inexpensively decorate the tree this year!
- 1 cup of Cinnamon Aldi’s has a good sized bottle for $1 ~ love that!)
- 3/4 cup of Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Regular Elmer’s School glue
- Mix ingredients together — until its like a cookie dough. (If its too dry you can add more applesauce, if its too wet add more cinnamon.)
- Mix in your school glue. (I sprinkle cinnamon on my counters -(like I would flour) and roll out with a rolling pin.)
- You’ll want your ‘dough’ sort of thick but not too too thick.
- Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter. We use Gingerbread men — also make a small whole at the top — so you can run ribbon or a ornament hanger through to hang on your tree.
- Place on a cooling rack and dry about 48 hours — then paint them (if you’d like!) or leave them plain. (We leave ours plain.) You can also dry them in a food dehydrator for about 8 hours if you have one -to cut down on drying time.
Looking for more penny-pinched ways to decorate or organize this Christmas? Check out these ideas:
I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.