My neighbor Sarah makes this amazingly yummy cake that would be perfect as a special Valentine's Day Treat (it's sooooo good!) It was actually one of my very first recipe posts way back in 2009, so the picture's a little rough, but the recipe is a chocolate lover's dream. I'm planning to make it this year for Valentine's Day at our house (and maybe I can update the picture then too!)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 18.5 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Grease bundt pan.
- Beat first six ingredients for three minutes.
- Add chocolate chips, beat 1 more minute.
- Pour in bundt pan and bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt butter & chocolate.
- Add sugar, vanilla and water.
- If needed add more water to thin frosting. (Whisk the frosting if there are any lumps).
- Drizzle over cake. Enjoy!
Interact with 7629+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.