If you're looking for an easy chocolate chip cake recipe, don't miss this one. Find out how to make this delicious cake with just 6 items!
My neighbor Sarah makes this amazingly yummy cake that would be perfect as a special Valentine's Day Treat (it's sooooo good!) It was actually one of my very first recipe posts (way back in 2009!).
This recipe is a chocolate lover's dream. I'm planning to make it this year for Valentine's Day at our house – let us know if you plan to make one too. It's so decadent but very practical to make. You can customize it a bit to add in extra flavors if you would like as well.
This recipe is delicious and SO easy to whip up!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- Bundt Pan
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Ingredients
- 18.5 oz Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 5.9 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2 Cups Powered Sugar
- 3 - 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bundt pan
- Beat first six ingredients together for three minutes
- Add in chocolate chips and beat for 1 more minute
- Pour in bundt pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes
- Melt butter and chocolate together
- Add in sugar, vanillla, and water and mix
- If needed, add a bit more water to thin the frosting
- If there are any lumps in the frosting, whisk to remove
- Drizzle the frosting over the cake. Enjoy!
I was always told that you couldn't put chips into a cake mix like this – that it would just end up sinking right to the bottom of the pan. So, can you put chocolate chips in cake mix? You sure can – and it turns out absolutely delicious! If you wanted to mix it up a bit you could even use a peanut butter or butterscotch chip – although then it wouldn't be a chocolate cake any longer 🙂
Find more delicious recipes for you family over here and be sure to let us know if you give this recipe a try!
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.