Don't miss this delicious chocolate chip cheese ball recipe – plus as an added bonus, we shaped it with Bunny Buns for Easter. SO CUTE! 🐰
Bunny Buns Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Cheree' here! I've seen several versions of this sweet bunny buns over on Pinterest…
However, I've been making a chocolate chip cheese ball for years so I decided to use that recipe as a base for this dessert cheese ball. My family thinks it's the best so there's no need to mess with perfection!
Hmmm, I'll need to share that specific recipe with y'all later. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Ingredients:
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M's, chopped (reserve 8 pink M&M's for the toes)
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- bag of unsweetened coconut flakes (note – if you don't prefer coconut, feel free to use chopped pecans or toffee bits – it will just change the look!)
- best served with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, gingersnaps or animal crackers
How to Create A Bunny Bun Chocolate Chip Cheeseball:
1.In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips (you could use mini chocolate chips if that's all you have too!), M&M's and sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
2. Separate cream cheese mixture and roll the mixture into a ball – you'll need 4 actually – 1 large, 2 medium and 1 small ball.
3. Gently roll the balls in coconut until covered.
4. Assemble your bunny bun by adding the small ball as the tail and flatten the two medium sized balls a bit and add as the feet. Add pink M&M's (or your preferred color) for the toes.
5. Cover with a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve and place on a platter with desired crackers or cookies for dipping – enjoy!
I can hardly handle the cuteness!! 🐰💕
Bunny Buns Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter (not margarine) softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Confectioner Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips Chopped
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M's Chopped (Keep 8 pink M&M's separate for the toes)
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 bag Unsweetened Coconut Flakes If you don't like coconut, you could roll the cheese ball in either pecan or toffee pieces - but it will change the look a bit!
- Graham Crackers, Vanilla Wafers, Gingersnaps, or Animal Crackers For serving
- Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until well combined. Stir in white chocolate chips, M&M's and sprinkles
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours
- Separate cream cheese mixture and roll into 1 large, 2 medium, and 1 small ball
- Gently roll the cream cheese balls in coconut until covered
- Assemble your bunny bun by adding the small ball as the tail, and flatten the two medium sized balls a bit and add as the feet. Add the pink M&M's you reserved (we used pink!) for the toes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve with desired crackers or cookies for dipping
It's almost too cute to eat……..ALMOST! You and your family won't be disappointed. YUM!
We would love to see a pic if you decide to give this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball a try for Easter! 🙂
You can find this Chocolate Chip Cheeseball recipe as well as over 70 other recipes in our Celebration Menu Plans too! These come with full grocery lists for each celebration and will make planning for special events a breeze.