FREE WORK PLANNER
🍽️TIP: This caprese chicken skillet recipe is from week 1 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
This is one of my FAVORITE ever recipes from the PPP Menu Plans, and I know you'll love it too! It's super easy to make, tastes AH-MAZING, and is seriously restaurant quality food. The best part? It has only 358 calories and 3 net carbs. Success!
Serve it up with some Copykat Olive Garden Salad from our Sides Dish Menu Plans and dinner is done.
Caprese Chicken Skillet
prep 25 minutes | cook 15 minutes | serves 6 | 358 calories | 3 net carbs
- 2 ¼ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 8 oz ball fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 oz pkg fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsps balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to broil. In a large cast-iron skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat, 4 minutes per side. Cook in batches, if needed.
- Return all chicken to skillet, and spoon marinara sauce over and around chicken; cook another 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Layer mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast; sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Sprinkle with basil, and drizzle each serving with balsamic glaze to serve.
If you're looking for a deal on chicken for this recipe, you can get this Perdue Chicken Breast delivered right to your door!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week one of our flow cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.