Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I noticed blueberries on sale just about everywhere right now, so it's a great time to surprise your kids with homemade muffins for breakfast if they're heading back to school like mine are right now! While blueberries are at their lowest prices of the year right now, you can also stock up and freeze them to use in the winter time. Here's the recipe so your family can try them out too!
Blueberry Scone Muffins
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 and line muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Put 2/3 cup oil in measuring container, add egg and enough milk to fill to 2 cups.
- Add to dry ingredients, gently stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter into 24 muffin cups.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Use pastry cutter (or two forks) to mix.
- Sprinkle topping on top of unbaked muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 20 – 25 minutes (mine took exactly 20), enjoy!
- Almost Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Raisin Bran Muffins
- Oh Boy Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Best Buttermilk Pancakes
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.