This Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is comfort food at its finest! Try this sausage biscuits and gravy casserole and your family will LOVE it.
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole – Comfort food all in one dish!
This biscuits and gravy casserole recipe has quickly become a fan favorite! You'll understand why after you whip up a batch of this southern goodness. 🙂
🍴TIP: This casserole is found in our Celebration Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
- refrigerated biscuit dough
- breakfast sausage
- shredded cheddar cheese
- white gravy mix (or homemade gravy)
How to make Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole:
Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350˚F and spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with refrigerated biscuits. Don't use the big biscuits like Grand's because they won't cook through. Try to find the smaller biscuits (like a store brand) or the Jr. size biscuits.
In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned and crumbly; drain. Sprinkle sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Salt and pepper to taste and pour over the cheese layer.
Prepare gravy mix according to package directions or whip up some homemade sawmill (white) gravy.
Pour gravy over the egg layer and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are done.
Can I make the biscuits and gravy casserole ahead of time?
I haven't tried this yet but several people in our private Supper Club facebook group have and they say it works to assemble this the night before. I'll try it soon and give you my honest feedback. 🙂
Y'all have to try this biscuits and gravy casserole soon. It's amazing!
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- 2 (6 oz) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 lb pkg breakfast sausage
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2.75 oz pkg Pioneer peppered gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of prepared baking dish with biscuits.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned and crumbly; drain. Sprinkle sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Salt and pepper to taste and pour over cheese layer.
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Pour gravy over egg layer and sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese over casserole.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
Looking for more yummy recipes like this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole?
Be sure to check out our Celebration Menu Planning Made Easy Set.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!).