Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
If you ever make a ham and cheese sandwich for the rest of your life, you've got to make these. Like, really, have to make them.
A few weeks ago I was heading out to scrapbook with a few friends for the weekend, and we each bring along a dish to share. While I've made these before, I was in a hurry and did a quick google search and found A Thrifty Mom's recipe for Ham and Cheese Sliders, and oh-my-word, I'm so glad I did! I will never make these sandwiches another way.
I've never made sliders before using brown sugar, but these were heavenly. I left my husband a batch at home for the weekend and he devoured them, in the midst of surviving three kids all by himself for the weekend. normally that's not a big deal, but he was on crutches so I figured the least I could do was cook for him! (And yes, he's still on crutches . . . two more weeks. Remind me to tell y'all the mace story that happened while I was gone later . . . eek.)
Next up I've got to try Sarah's recipe for Spiced Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting, but if you're looking for some sliders for dinner tonight, here you go!
Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 dozen rolls I used King's Hawaiian Rolls ~ I think they're completely worth the splurge
- 1 lb. swiss cheese
- 2 lbs. sliced ham
- 1 cup butter melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Slice rolls in half and layer bottom half with ham and cheese.
- Place in two 9x13 casserole dishes or on two cookie sheets.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, poppy seeds, dry mustard and Worcestershire.
- Brush melted butter mixture over rolls, making sure to cover completely.
- Cover tightly with foil, and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours during the day.
- Bake, covered with foil at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
Looking for a different way to make up delicious sandwiches at home? Here are a few of my favorites:
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.