FREE WORK PLANNER
Skip take out tonight with this tasty beef and broccoli recipe that's made in your slow cooker!
Beef and Broccoli Crockpot Recipe
Why would you order take out when you can make this beef and broccoli crockpot recipe at home? You'll save time and money plus you get to control what ingredients go into your dinner.
Here's what supper club member Becki had to say about the beef and broccoli recipe “Holy moly this meal was amazing!!! Regular rotation meal for sure!”.
MENU TIP: This beef and broccoli recipe is from week 2 of our slow cooker volume 2 menu planning made easy set!
- sirloin steak
- low-sodium beef broth
- low-sodium soy sauce
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- green onions
- broccoli florets
- sesame seeds
- brown rice
Here's how to make beef and broccoli in the crock pot:
In a mixing bowl, combine beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, garlic and green onions.
Add steak to the bottom of a large slow cooker. Pour broth mixture over steak, and stir well.
Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
When steak is tender, spoon a few tablespoons of broth from the slow cooker into a small bowl; whisk in cornstarch to make a slurry. Pour into slow cooker, and toss with beef until combined.
Stir in broccoli, cover and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Beef and Broccoli Crockpot Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, garlic and green onions.
- Add steak to bottom of a large slow cooker. Pour broth mixture over steak and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- When steak is tender, spoon a few tablespoons of broth from the slow cooker to a small bowl; whisk in cornstarch to make a slurry. Pour into slow cooker and toss with beef until combined.
- Stir in broccoli, cover and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
What can you serve with beef and broccoli?
I like to serve a crunchy egg roll or spring roll alongside this dish. Some other good sides are fried rice or a vegetable lo mein (we have a great recipe for this in our sides menu plan pack). Egg drop or wonton soup are great accompaniments as well.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker volume 2 menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.