Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
These are the best pork chops I have ever put in my mouth.
In fact, they were so good that my (usually-kinda-picky) son kept asking for more ~ even after complaining that we were trying another pork chop recipe this week. They were good even before I added the balsamic glaze sauce, so I made my kids a plain version without the sauce that turned out fantastic, and then added the glaze. Both ways were just perfect, and I've decided I need to ask you all for recipes again soon!
To make life even a little easier they were done in less than 20 minutes, and have just 4 Weight Watchers points. Pop some potatoes in the oven to bake, add and a salad and some veggies on the side, and you've got dinner tonight!
Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops (4 Weight Watchers Points)
- 4 boneless thinly sliced pork chops pounded to 3/4" thick
- garlic salt
- onion flakes or onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Pound pork chops to 3/4" thick.
- Season chops with garlic salt, pepper, and onion flakes or onion powder.
- Heat pan to medium heat for one minute, then add olive oil and heat another minute.
- Add pork chops and cook over medium high heat until browned on both sides (about 5 minutes.)
- Place pork chops on plate, lower heat a bit, then add vinegar and sugar and cook until sauce thickens (about two minutes, sauce won't get very thick but will become a little more syrup like.)
- Place pork chops back in pan and cook an additional 4 minutes, rotating and turning over a few times to glaze the pork chops with the sauce.
- Serve hot, with sauce poured over pork chops.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 1/21/14):
- Pork Chops on sale $2.99/lb at Kroger and Bi Lo
- Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar on sale $3.49 at Publix, use $.50/1 Pompeian Vinegar coupon
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.