This is one of those recipes that is so simple, it's almost hard to call it a recipe. So often I find fantastic, amazing, ummmm . . . complicated? recipes on Pinterest and think I need to keep up with all that. (Anyone else struggle with this one?)
In reality though, it's summertime, and I'm doing well just to keep my house from caving in and my kids away from bopping each other, so getting dinner on the table quick and easy makes my life a wee bit less stressful. This is one of those recipes that tastes like you've slaved away, but takes just a small amount of prep work. Plus you're eating at home, which is quite an accomplishment at our house many days!
My favorite way to make recipes like this one is to put the meat and marinade in the fridge in the morning, and then just bake it (or I'm betting you could grill it too?) in time for dinner at night. I actually only let this marinade for about thirty minutes yesterday though, and it turned out perfectly! Here's how to get dinner started at your house tonight . . .
5 Ingredient Baked Split Chicken Breast
- 2-3 large split chicken breast halves with skin and bone
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced (may also substitute with garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken in plastic bag.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Let marinade at least 30-45 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, until fully cooked (mine took about 50 minutes.)
Here's a sale you’ll want to watch for this week (I'm betting Kroger and Walmart have these on sale as well right now . . .
- Publix Split Chicken Breasts $1.99/lb
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.