Bacon Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Dough (we used homemade recipe below, but you could easily substitute with store bought dough)
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked chicken strips Perdue Short Cuts Turkey or Chicken Breast, On Sale $3 at Publix
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing we used light, I think this is a great recipe if you LOVE ranch dressing, but if you'd rather have a white chicken pizza you could substitute with a store bought Alfredo sauce; $1/1 Ken's Dressing, exp. 2/28/12 (SS 01/08/12)
- 1/4 cup Bacon or Ham we had ham in the freezer, so that's what we tried….sooooooo good! Smithfield Bacon On Sale $3.33
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese $1/2 Kraft Shredded Cheese coupon Publix coupon stacked with $.50/2 Kraft Shredded Cheese (try zip 33903)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Make pizza dough as instructed below, roll out on round pizza pan, and bake five minutes at 400 degrees.
- Spread ranch (or alfredo sauce) on pizza dough. Add chopped garlic, chicken and ham.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
Homemade Pizza Dough adapted from Everybody Likes Sandwiches
- 1 packet yeast Use $0.40/1 Fleischmann's Yeast, exp. 4/15/12 (SS 11/06/11)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon honey Use $0.55/1 Sue Bee Honey printable$0.55/1 Sue Bee Honey printable$0.55/1 Sue Bee Honey printable
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cornmeal we didn't have any cornmeal but my pizza stone has been used quite a bit so I didn't have any issues with the pizza dough sticking to the stone. You could probably make it without this, but if you have it it would definitely help the pizza release from your pie pan!
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit five minutes.
- Mix together next four ingredients until combined, then let sit for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan, then press dough onto pan.
- Follow instructions above.
Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 7295+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!