10 Back to School Shopping Tips for Office Depot Office Max
I love back to school shopping season! 🙂 (See all the Office Depot/Office Max penny items HERE this week.)
In fact, I love it almost as much as Christmas shopping season, because the deal hunting is everywhere, and you can easily save up to 99% with awesome stores like Office Depot offering some crazy good savings.
But, if you're new to
shopping (ahem, saving) at Office Depot, there are a few things you need to know to make sure you get the most bang for your buck, so I figured we needed a little Office Depot saving course. Let's get started with these 10 back to school shopping tips!
1. Office Depot and Office Max are the same store.
So, if you see someone mentioning a sale at Office Max, those items are also on sale at Office Depot. And, vice versa. Learn more HERE.
2. You need to sign up for an Office Depot/Office Max rewards account.
Sign up for Office Depot/Office Max Rewards to take advantage of the best deals at Office Depot & Office Max. It's free to sign up.
3. Here's how Office Depot/Office Max Rewards work:
- When you purchase a rewards item at Office Depot/Office Max, you'll get a certain amount back in your Rewards account.
- The Reward is in the form of a store rewards certificatet, only to be used at Office Depot/Office Max.
- The Reward won't show up in your account for up to 5 weeks after your purchase.
- At checkout, when giving your rewards account information you automatically get the reward (no extra rebate form to fill out.)
- So, let's say this week you buy a ream of paper included in the Rewards special for $6. You'll pay $6 out of pocket, and get a $5 rewards back in your account. The reward won't show up for a few weeks in your account, but when it does you can use that certificate to shop for anything at Office Depot.
4. Especially during the Back To School season, Office Depot offers huge loss leader discounts on specific items in the store.
Watch the very front page of your Office Depot flier to find crazy savings on specials all year long, but especially July-September. For example this week (7/17/16 – 7/23/16), score 1¢ spiral notebooks, 1¢ pencil pouches, 1¢ 3 pack erasers, and even 1¢ glue sticks.
To get that savings you'll need to spend $5 in the store, but that's going to happen more easily than you think. (Keep reading!)
5. Take advantage of bonus rewards offers to also score the penny items for a steal.
Okie dokie guys, here's my secret trick. It's one of my very favorite back to school shopping tips EVER. To get the penny items I mentioned in secret #1, you need to spend a minimum of $5.
Here's a little work around (you're welcome!)
You can purchase any item that includes Bonus Rewards at Office Depot to bump your total up to that $5 minimum, then get the rebate back.
Clear as mud?
Here's an example using this week's sale items (running 7/17/16 – 7/23/16)
The sales vary each week at Office Depot/Office Max ~ go HERE to see current sales and scenarios.
6. Earn rewards when you recycle ink and toner cartridges.
For every ink or toner cartridge you recycle, you'll get 200 Rewards points (like $2 back) when you spend $10 on a qualifying purchase in one month.) Learn more HERE.
7. Watch for Office Depot coupon codes.
Use sites like Coupon Sherpa or Retail Me Not to see if there are additional coupons available at Office Depot/Office Max. For example this week you can save $10 off your $50 or more purchase ~ love that!
9. Get free delivery from Office Depot/Office Max online when you spend $35 or more.
Or, order online and have it your items available to pick up in stores to get free delivery as well.
10. Office Depot's chat is awesome.
If you have any issues with your rewards account or any other questions, try Office Depot's online chat (look for it on the top right hand side of the screen over HERE.)
I used it earlier this week, and they set up my Rewards account while I was online, and even gave me a 1000 bonus for starting things up (like $10!) That won't likely happen for everyone, but I was pretty impressed.
Looking for more Back To School Shopping Tips? Here you go:
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.