Here's a peek at how we've been fluffing up for a baby shower on a budget at our house! Since my kiddos are getting older you can bet I've enjoyed every bit of this, so I couldn't wait to share it with you.
Here's what I've spent . . .
- $7.74 on tissue paper for pom poms
- $5 on glass jars from the Dollar Tree
- $12 on flowers
- $6 on extra serving pieces from Hobby Lobby (they're disposable – I think they're so cute and perfect for chips, pretzels and cookies!)
- $8 on pennant banner (on sale last week at Hobby Lobby)
- $6 on onesies (thanks to Kohl's)
- $2 on extra cutting options for my Silhouette Cameo (this is the first time I've used it ~ I'm in love and am so thankful to all of you who recommended it!)
- $3 on craft paper
- I already had the fishing wire, jute twine, and dental floss of course (thanks to my couponing!) 🙂
- Also used plain brown wrapping paper for the table and added a burlap table runner (had that already as well)
- Total = $49.74
And here are a few quick tips that might help if you're looking for ways to save when hosting a party . . .
- Use colors that match what you already have (if the shower had been for a baby girl, I would have pulled out the peachy/pink in our curtains)
- When picking serving dishes (I usually ask for them as gifts), choose things that are pretty timeless and match anything – our plain white dishes work well with just about every occasion, and make decorating for things so much easier!
- Look for glassware at the Dollar Tree and splurge on fresh flowers ~ that alone makes our home feel so much brighter!
- Keep it simple. 🙂 You don't have to do a ton, just select a few special areas to fluff and skip the rest.
And here's what I'm planning to serve (I could use an extra appetizer idea if you have one!)
Smoked Barbecue (my hubby is making that ~ the shower is for a person in his office so the guys are coming and he's in charge!)
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Chips & Salsa
- Chicken Crack Dip
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sarah's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
Do you have any other suggestions on recipes or decorating ideas? I'd love to hear them! It's been so fun getting ready, but I'd love to hear your ideas too. Leave a comment to share!
I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!