I made these Apple Brownies with Brown Sugar Frosting over the weekend, and they were so simple and just delicious! The recipe is very similar to our absolute favorite Southern Living Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, but I needed a recipe that didn't call for Cream Cheese (we were completely out, and I didn't want to have to head to the store!)
If you have a few apples just begging to be used up, this is such a yummy way to enjoy them. Let me know what you think if you have a chance to try them out!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 6 apples, peeled cored and diced
- Set oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan or baking dish.
- Mix together softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Mix together cinnamon, flour and baking powder. Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add apples into batter and spread into baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Cool and frost with frosting.
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add in. milk and brown sugar and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and add in 1/2 cup powedered sugar. Then add in vanilla and remaining sugar, and use a little more milk if icing is too thick.
- Spread over brownies and enjoy!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.