FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Looking for an Amazon layaway plan? This new plan lets you pay for select orders over five months – and there are no interest or fees!
Amazon Layaway – NO Interest & NO Fees!
The Walmart Layaway program has been happening for a while now, but Amazon recently jumped on the layaway bandwagon ~ and it's available year-round, including Prime Day and holidays! Plus, the best part is that there are NO credit checks, NO cancellation fees, and NO interest!
That's right – select customers can now “pay as you go” online without fees or credit checks. To find products eligible for Layaway, look for the “Monthly Payments” option under the price (like above). Note that these items may be eligible for different monthly payment options (3 months vs. 12 months, etc).
*These monthly payment options may not show up for all customers and prices may vary or change.
BUT, if you're planning to shop for Christmas and want to take advantage of the full 8-week Layaway plan for delivery before December 25th, note that your purchase needs to be made by October 23rd. You can start Layaway plans after this date, but you'll need to pay off those items early to receive your items sooner.
Here are a few qualifying Amazon Layaway items:
- Singer M1000 Sewing Machine – 3 monthly payments at $28.33/month ($84.99 total)
- Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine with Exclusive Accessory Bundle – 5 monthly payments at $53.80/month ($269 total)
- Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine – 3 monthly payments at $56.67/month ($169.99 total)
- O-Cedar EasyWring RinseClean Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System with 2 Extra Refills – 3 monthly payments at $19/month ($56.99 total)
- NEW Amazon Glow – 12 monthly payments at $18.34/month ($219.99 total)
- Fire HD 10 – 5 monthly payments at $30/month ($149.99 total)
- Echo Show 5 – 5 monthly payments at $8/month ($39.99 total)
- Echo Show 15 – 5 monthly payments at $50/month ($249.99 total)
- Kindle Oasis – 5 monthly payments at $50/month ($249.99 total)
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max – 5 monthly payments at $8/month ($39.99 total)
- Fire HD 10 Tablet (32 GB) + Bluetooth Keyboard + 12-month Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription – 5 monthly payments at $44/month (219.99 total)
- Amazon Halo View Fitness Tracker – 5 monthly payments at $16/month ($79.99 total)
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 – 12 monthly payments at $13.34/month ($159.99 total)
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 – 12 monthly payments at $21.67/month ($259.99 total)
- and MORE!
Note that this program is new and may not be available to all customers (it is currently not available for orders shipping to CT, DC, IL, MD, OH, and PA). Plus, it looks like they've added more eligible products! 🙂
Here are a few more details:
- Pay 20% of the total cost at check out to reserve your item and lock in the price.
- Make equal payments every two weeks for up to eight weeks or until your items are paid in full.
- Item(s) ship after your final payment.
- Pay off your items early for quicker delivery.
- Amazon Layaway is only available for items shipped and sold by Amazon.
- The Amazon Layaway program is available year-round, including Prime Day and other holidays. WHOOP! 📦
✅ Remember – there are NO interest charges, NO late fees, NO sign-up fees, NO service charges, NO cancellation fees, and NO restocking fees for using this new layaway payment option.
How do I start a Layaway plan?
To begin an Amazon Layaway plan, select an item marked ‘Reserve with Layaway’ and add it to your cart. You will be required to pay 20% toward the cost of the purchase at checkout. Here's how it works –
- First, select the monthly payment option when you add to cart at checkout.
- Next, your initial payment will be equivalent to one installment payment, plus applicable taxes and shipping (if required) when Amazon ships your item.
- Finally, the remaining payments will be automatically charged to your credit card in equal installments, every 30 days from shipment date.
EXAMPLE – If you select 5 monthly payments for an item that is $100 with $5 tax, you would pay an initial payment of $25 (20% + the tax) at the time your item ships. Then, pay 4 remaining payments of $20 every 30 days after your item ships.
Remember, if you're planning to shop for Christmas and want to take advantage of the full 8-week Layaway plan for delivery before December 25th, note that your purchase needs to be made by October 23rd.
How does the payment work??
- Initial (Down) Payment – Shipment Date
- First Installment Payment – 30 Days from the Shipment Date
- Second Installment Payment – 60 Days from the Shipment Date
- Third Installment Payment – 90 Days from the Shipment Date
- Fourth Installment Payment – 120 Days from the Shipment Date
The amount paid at checkout will be the first of 5 payments on your 8-week Layaway plan. If you need to cancel your Layaway plan or do not complete the payments, Amazon will refund all amounts you have paid to the payment method(s) used to make any scheduled payment.
Go HERE for more details and FAQs.
Will you be using this new Amazon Layaway program?? It seems way better than the updated Walmart Layaway program with Affirm. What do you think?
More deals today:
- LEGO Sets Under $10 (Think Easter Basket Stuffers!)
- WowWee Got2Glow Fairy Pet Finder ONLY $11.75! (Reg $45)
- Lucky Charms or Reese's Puffs Bars from $.31 Each (+ Lay's, Doritos & More as low as 32¢ per Bag!)
- Great Wolf Lodge Groupon Starting at $99 Per Night!
- Today's Top Amazon Lightning Deals | #9 is So Clever!
- These Protein Bars are SOOO Good – You Gotta Try Them!
- Springy Braided Slides UNDER $15 at Walmart (Great for Easter Baskets!)
This has been available to me for at least the last 10 years in ohio! So this whole article was not even correct. The last thing I used it for was my nordictrack spin bike that cost me over $1,000 and I’m getting ready to do it for a bed frame and a mattress. Maybe you should get ahold of someone at Amazon so you can correctly write articles next time…
Bridgett - PPP Team says
Thank you for the information Jan! 🙂
Not available to me here in Louisiana 🙁
Mary ~ PPP Team says
It’s a new program – hopefully it will be soon, Crystal!