FREE WORK PLANNER
With Christmas right around the corner, this is the perfect time of year to start saving some Christmas cash, so you can enjoy the Christmas season and January without extra bills too. And, if you're willing to work a wee bit, I think you can totally fund your Christmas account, $20 at a time!
Here are a whopping 50 ways to make $20 before Christmas. (You can do this!)
$20 x 50 = $1,000 earned
Not too shabby right?
Let's get started. 😉
Sell your stuff.
1. Garage sale – sell 20 items for $1 each.
Think of it as an everything's $1 sale – if you have bigger stuff, sell it for more!
2. Head to the consignment store.
I recently made $70 in just two hours this way ~ just a few items can earn you $20 fast!
3. Sell a few items on Facebook.
Have a local Facebook group? Find a few things to sell in those.
4. Sell books on Amazon.
5. Sell electronics on Amazon.
6. Sell DVDs on Amazon.
Amazon makes it super easy to sell things on line – just type in what you'd like to sell, ship it to them (for free!), and get paid with an Amazon gift card. Easy!
7. Sell gift cards you won't use.
Have gift cards you'll never use? Visit Cardpool.com where you can sell your gift cards. You won't get the full face value but you will get a decent rate, so this is a great way to save if you can't use a gift card you've been given.
8. Sell plasma.
Honestly, this would be a tough one for me to do but is a great way to help someone in need and earn a little cash. Check out this article to learn more.
9. See if you have any money available from Unclaimed Property (I've had several readers find more than $100 there!)
10. Sell toilet paper rolls on eBay.
11. Or sell drink tabs on eBay.
12. Or even used tennis balls. (Who knew?)
13. Sell gold or silver.
14. Help a friend and sell their stuff for them, and charge a small fee.
15. Upcycle a thrift store purchase and sell for more money.
Sell your services.
Have kids at home? Offer to babysit for a working mom to earn extra income.
17. Paint something.
Love painting? Charge $100 to paint a room – odds are someone else would love to have that project done for them, and it's an easy way to learn some extra cash!
18. Offer to clean a house.
19. Do yard work.
Lots of folks have yard work that needs to be taken care of, especially in the fall. Offer to rake up some leaves, weed or mulch a flower bed, or plant a tree or two.
20. Walk a dog, or two.
Live in a neighborhood with many pets? Offer to walk your neighbors pets while they're away at work each day.
21. Take online surveys or try out Swagbucks.
You won't quickly earn $100 through online surveys, but each time you take a survey you can earn a dollar or two. The only site that I've consistently heard excellent reviews about is Pinecone Research ~ and don't forget to take advantage of ways to earn for free on Swagbucks too!
22. Go shopping.
If you shop regularly (and don't have small children), you can sign up to be a mystery shopper at local stores in your area. Check out ways to earn as much as $25 per shopping trip over HERE.
23. Wrap gifts for someone.
24. Offer to decorate someone's home for Christmas.
25. Bake homemade Christmas goodies for someone.
26. Grocery shop and menu plan for someone.
27. Take photos for someone.
28. Tutor someone who's struggling in an area you're good at.
29 . Give music lessons.
30. Create a craft and sell on Etsy.
31. Offer to organize someone's pantry and charge $20.
32. Substitute Teach
You can’t beat the hours on this one if you children are already school age
33. Start a blog – Learn How I Make a Full Time Income as a Stay at Home Mom ~if you want to start one crazy inexpensively, use Bluehost as your host for just $3.95. (This one won't earn you $20 fast, but if you're willing to keep at it it can be well worth the time you invest.)
Get a seasonal job.
37. Get Paid for Your Opinion – Try Pinecone Research
39. Evaluate Web Sites
Sites like User Test pay up to $10 each when you try out their products
40. Fix errors on Google
Learn more at Leap Force
Take a 5 day spending “fast”.
41. For 5 days don't eat out.
42. For 5 days only eat what's in the pantry.
43. For 5 days skip Starbucks, a movie, or even a Redbox rental.
We seriously cut back our expenses for one month, and it was amazing how much we saved simply by really focusing on trimming our budget as a family!
44. Skip meals out for 2 weeks.
45. Give up cable. (If you have Amazon Prime take advantage of their free movies instead.)
46. Skimp on your cell phone plan.
47. Cancel your landline if you don't need it.
49. Give up your gym membership.
50. Save all your lose change until Christmas ~ easy way to find $20 without even missing it.
What other ways can you think of to earn cash for Christmas? I'd love to hear them ~ leave a comment to share!
Looking for more money saving tips? Here you go:
- 5 Ways to earn $100 by Christmas
- 15 Ways to Earn $100
- The Power of $3 a Day (How $3 A Day Could Save You $45,000)
- 16 Items You Should Be Buying on Amazon
- 8 Items You Should Always Buy Generic
- How To Keep Your Flower Beds Weed Free
- 16 Easy Ways to Save $1000 On Your Next Road Trip
- 20 Items You Need To Buy at Aldi