FREE WHOLE FOODS
I'm so excited about this recipe, because it's one of those cook-once-eat-twice kind of meals (always a favorite for this lazy cook!) While chatting with some ladies at my daughter's gymnastics about what on earth to make for dinner (especially with the roasts on sale at Publix this week), they gave me this recipe, and I'm so glad they did! It's one of those so-simple-throw-it-in-the-pot recipes that we'll definitely be making again, and I'm so looking forward to the leftovers tonight (stop back later for more information.)
This recipe calls for a can of beer (not penny-pinching at all. . . ) and since we don't drink I had to beg one from a friend as I refused to pay $5.99 for a 6-pack at the grocery store! If you're totally opposed to cooking with alcohol, you could probably substitute with a non-alcoholic beer, and I'm betting the taste would be very similar. (And, you can buy a single can at some convenient stores, which I found out a few years ago because I had to have a can when making Beer Bread . . . the things we do for a recipe!) 🙂
Simple Slow Cooker Roast
- 2 lb. shoulder roast on sale $3.99/lb at Publix
- 1 can beer may try substituting with non-alcoholic beer
- 1 can beef consomme look for in the soup section
- 1 can french onion condensed soup
- 1 packet au jus gravy seasoning
- Trim roast of any fat, place in crockpot.
- Pour beer over soup, then beef consomme, then french onion soup (no need to mix.)
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- Add packet of au jus gravy and stir just to combine.
- Cook another 30 minutes on low. Enjoy, and save the leftovers
Serve with . . .
Salad Salad Fresh Express Salad Blends – $1.99 at Publix, use $1/1 Fresh Express Home Mailer
Veggies Publix Steam In Bag Vegetables $0.99, Del Monte Fresh Cut Vegetables $0.79, or Fresh Green Beans 1.29/lb
Mashed Potatoes (or Baking Potatoes, on sale 0.99/lb)
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the RecipeIndex or see updated recipes over HERE.