FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
If you're looking for a simple yummy chicken marinade, here you go! This is just a simple way to dress up your weeknight chicken, but it tastes delicious and is always a favorite at our house. The best part? You can mix up the marinade up as soon as you purchase your chicken, then place the chicken in a plastic Ziploc bag and cover with the marinade. After pressing the air out of the bag just seal it tightly and pop your chicken in the freezer until you're ready to grill! When we need an easy dinner we just set the frozen chicken in the fridge the night before to defrost, and my hubby lights up the grill just in time for dinner.
And, since I'm a frugal girl at heart, if there are any leftovers we slice them up and refrigerate or freeze to use on grilled chicken salads, fajitas, or even in stir fry. It's a great way to make your own
Perdue Short Cuts right at home! 🙂
Garlic Chicken Marinade
- 4-6 chicken breasts Perdue Fit & Easy Chicken Breast, boneless, $2.99/lb at Publix or
- 1/2 cup olive oil $1.50/1 Crisco Olive Oil, exp. 9/30/11 (Crisco Flyer, 7/10/11)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (I didn’t have fresh garlic so I used 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I used McCormick)
- Poke a few holes in your chicken so that marinade soaks into the meat.
- Place chicken in plastic bag, mix remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Refrigerate at least four hours, or freeze until ready to use.
- If you’re able, thaw out in refrigerator the morning you’re planning to grill it. (You could also thaw in microwave before grilling.)
- To grill, cook over medium low heat 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
A huge thanks to my very sweet friend Marce for taking the pictures when she was visiting. (I've decided it's time to hire a personal food photographer . . . if only she lived closer!) If you're in the Bloomington, Indiana area, contact Marce for beautiful family photos. Also, thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Index or see updated recipes over HERE.
Interact with 5051+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter
Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!