FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
Ever see a great deal on meat, but wonder what on earth to do with it? Well that's how I felt about the Publix Chicken Leg Quarters on sale for $.69/lb. . . I knew it was a great deal, but I didn't know what to do with them!
So, I got a little creative rummaging through my stockpile, and came up with this yummy recipe that was so easy to put together, and a huge crowd pleaser at our house (my ten year old said he liked it as well as Kentucky Fried Chicken, and it was soooooooo much healthier than dinner at KFC!)
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1 cup bread crumbs I used Progresso Italian Seasoned Crumbs, stockpiled last week, if you didn't grab them use this $1.00/4 Progresso Products Italian Days Publix Coupon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters, skinned On Sale $.69/lb. at Publix; you probably wouldn't have to take the skin off, but I wanted to save those calories & it still tasted delicious!
- 1 egg $.55/2 Dozen Eggs
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt (can substitute with table salt)
- Mix Parmesan, bread crumbs, and salt and pour in shallow bowl (I use a pie plate.)
- In seperate bowl, beat egg and place in shallow bowl.
- Skin chicken (if desired), rinse and dip in egg, then in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Serve with . . .
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Giant $0.67, use $5.00/20 Italian Days Publix Coupon or $1.00/4 Italian Days Publix Coupon
And just in case you're still stumped on what to make for dinner tonight, check out this Baked Barbecue Chicken over at All Recipes . . . it's another great deal with the BOGO Barbecue Sauce at Publix this week 🙂
Thanks to I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.