FREE WORK PLANNER
Not sure what to cook for dinner tonight? We tried this recipe out last night and it was so simple to make, plus my family all enjoyed it. (I have a crew of little pasta lovers!) My friend Nikki sent it over with a few other recipes that I can't wait to try, and I loved that it was so simple to do the “cooking” early, and then pop it in the oven for dinnertime.
And, since my freezer is bursting with cheap chicken (thanks to recent deals at Earthfare & Kroger!), I was glad to use up a little food in our freezer! Let me know what you think if you try this one out for dinner at your house too.
Angel Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, $2.99 at Publix (don't forget to use your $2 off meat coupon if you got it!) or $1.99/lb. at Kroger
- 2 T. butter Use $0.50/2 Land O Lakes Butter, exp. 9/30/11 (SS 08/07/11 R)
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet dry Italian-style salad dressing mix you could also try this recipe to make them from scratch
- 1/2 cup white wine or cooking broth we used cooking broth, but my friend Nikki makes it with white wine
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell’s condensed golden mushroom soup Use $1/5 Campbell's Condensed Soup printable
- 4 oz. cream cheese with chives
- 1 box angel hair pasta BOGO $1.46, Mueller's Pasta BOGO $1.46, Use $.55/1 Mueller's Whole Grain Pasta 8/21/11 if included in sale
- Preheat oven to 325.Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add dressing mix. Blend in wine and golden mushroom soup.
- Mix in cream cheese and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Arrange chicken breasts (raw) in a single layer in a casserole dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- About 15-20 minutes before chicken is done, bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook pasta for 4-5 minutes. Drain and serve chicken/sauce over pasta.
Thanks Nikki for the great recipe! Also thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the RecipeIndex or see updated recipes over HERE.