FREE HOME PLANNING
We've got a fun and easy Valentine Box idea for your kids to take to school for Valentine's Day. This one is SUPER cute!
Valentine Box Idea – You'll LOVE this Monster Valentine Box!
I'm thinking ahead to Valentine's Day (planning ahead for once!) and getting my preschooler ready to exchange valentines with her class. There are so many fun Valentine Box ideas online, and we decided to tackle this cute littl monster. It was surprisingly easy to make, and cost less than $5 – what a win!
Here's how I made this Valentine Box:
Supplies for Monster Valentine Box:
- A small to medium sized empty box (you could use a shoe box, even a cereal box if it's what you have on hand. I had a Target shipping box that was a good size so I grabbed that).
- Wrapping paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Foam paper sheet (found in the craft aisle)
- Black cardstock – one sheet
- Scissors or box cutter
- Scotch tape & double sided tape (or glue stick)
- Monster eyes – I made these in Canva, feel free to use mine or make your own!
Steps to make this CUTE Valentine Box:
- Tape down any flaps on your empty box and wrap it like a Christmas present.
- Use a box cutter or scissors to cut a hole in the side of the box (I did a simple rectangle but you could do a fun shape – just make sure your hole isn't wider than your foam sheet and leave enough space around so that it doesn't make your box collapse).
- Draw monster teeth on the foam sheet and cut out.
- Stick double sided tape to the teeth and attach on the inside of the box.
- Print your monster eyes and cut out. Using tape or glue, attach to the black cardstock.
- Use tape to attach pipe cleaners to the back of the eyes, and tape pipe cleaners to the box. (Note: I attempted to make the eyes stand up with the pipe cleaners so they'd move around a little but it was too heavy. You might have better luck with this!)
- Ready for a fun valentines exchange!
Depending on the age of your kids, you can have them involved as much as you'd like in this process!
Need ideas for your kids to take for classroom valentines? We've got you covered!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.