FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
Decluttering at the Speed of Life
Looking to get a FRESH start in the new year? I have a book recommendation for you!
Grab Decluttering at the Speed of Life for under $13 on Amazon today (or FREE on Kindle!)
- If you battle clutter and the tendency to “Save” things you don't use anymore “just in case” – you need this book.
- If cleaning your house is super difficult because of all the things you have to move around or find a “home” for – you need this book.
- If you're just sick and tired of the messy piles of “stuff” everywhere – you need this book!
Jamie here – and I'm a clutter collector in a BIG way. AND I LOVE THIS BOOK.
I can't recommend it enough for getting you out of a rut – and the author (Dana) is funny and super down to earth. It's an enjoyable, not-at-all preachy read that you'll want to pass on to friends when you finish!
It made me realize where some of my clutter-keeping tendencies come from (growing up with very little) and gave me permission to let things go.
It also gave me the momentum I needed – every time I read another 10 pages, I got rid of another few things.
- Waffle maker I have only used once? GONE!!
- Leftover Carpet from a roll we had installed years ago? GONE!!
- Yellow robot sheets sets the boys used as kids but would never use again? GONE!!
- Old Vacuum that barely works but I kept it around as a spare anyway? GONE!!
- “Big or Small” clothes for whenever I may one day gain/lose a lot of weight? GONE!!
(Well most of the things – but I kept one or two favorites because honestly I'm a weight-fluctuator)
Over a few months I took probably 25 garbage bags of stuff to the thrift store and I was able to carve out space to ENJOY MY HOME again.
Let me know if you've read this book (or another one that helped and motivated you!) – I'd love to hear your opinion!