FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a new recipe to spice up plain old Taco Tuesday? This one's for you. 😉
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes or Rotel do not drain
- 3 cups French's fried onions
- 1-2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until done. Drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, corn (drained), canned tomatoes or Rotel (not drained) and French fried onions. Spread into the bottom of a 2 1/2 Quart size dish or a 9X13 dish.
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions (if you use a 9X13 you may need 2 boxes of Jiffy).
- Spread the muffin mix on top of the beef mixture to cover it. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden on top.
- Top with cheese and remaining French fried onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted about 2 - 3 minutes. Serve with sour cream. 🙂
Love Mexican? Try out a few more of my favorites: