Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a new recipe to spice up plain old Taco Tuesday? This one's for you. 😉
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes or Rotel do not drain
- 3 cups French's fried onions
- 1-2 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until done. Drain
- Stir in taco seasoning, corn (drained), canned tomatoes or Rotel (not drained) and French fried onions. Spread into the bottom of a 2 1/2 Quart size dish or a 9X13 dish.
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions (if you use a 9X13 you may need 2 boxes of Jiffy). Spread the muffin mix on top of the beef mixture to cover it. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden on top. Top with cheese and remaining French fried onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted about 2 – 3 minutes. Serve with sour cream. 🙂
Love Mexican? Try out a few more of my favorites:
- Mexican Lasagna
- White Chicken Cheesy Enchilada Bake
- Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Meat in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.